175/75R13 onto Standard HC steel rims

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Re: 175/75R13 onto Standard HC steel rims

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:21 am

They do look very much like HPF / Sportshatch Avons to me. The outer polished section is quite different on the Chevette Vega wheels, hard to describe but instantly noticeable if you put them alongside each other. I'm aware of Vega wheels with 4" PCD as they are so-called because they were first used on the Chevrolet Vega in the US and on some of the early HPF press cars, but I don't think I've ever heard of 100mm Avons. You'll soon tell though, with the proper wheelnuts I would think it will be very difficult to get them to sit properly.

Oh yes - part number 91010724, WHEEL, road (6Jx13 Rim) is the HPF / Sportshatch wheel according to the parts book.

The recess with "74" in it isn't deep enough for the bolt head, I don't think. Interestingly the parts book doesn't make any mention of the bolt being left out on HPF, but I don't have them in mine. It's not as if the drum is going anywhere, even when the wheel is off it's more of a challenge to get the drum off than keep it on.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Re: 175/75R13 onto Standard HC steel rims

Postby VampireTigger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:11 pm

droopsnoot wrote:Oh yes - part number 91010724, WHEEL, road (6Jx13 Rim) is the HPF / Sportshatch wheel according to the parts book.

:thanx:
:D
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Modifications