HA Disc Brakes

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

HA Disc Brakes

Postby Clara » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:46 am

Forgive my shockingly poor brain this morning but can someone confirm the following

HA disc's are no longer made. In order to get new ones you grind down HB disc's?

If this isn't another morphine induced nightmare can anyone tell me by how much to get the disc's altered (diameter / width) and of course where to get new HB discs? (Adrian / Speedy Spares / ...)

(I'll be taking a job lot to the local machine shop)

Thanks.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: HA Disc Brakes

Postby pbottomley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:51 am

Just to remind you :wink:

You bought some time ago (years now) a pair of HB discs off Adrian to perform just that , I suspect they had run off and hidden themselves somewhere?
pbottomley

Re: HA Disc Brakes

Postby Clara » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:49 pm

pbottomley wrote:Just to remind you :wink:

You bought some time ago (years now) a pair of HB discs off Adrian to perform just that , I suspect they had run off and hidden themselves somewhere?

Would that be part number BDC0081 (auto national) ?! Wondered what they were for (if anyone has a memory they'd like to loan me?)

I still want to get some more pairs in - once I've got the jig set up I may as well make two pairs than one.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Restoration