buying a viva

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

buying a viva

Postby cooper1200 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:25 pm

hi all i am an amatur mechanic that wants to polish my skills on a nice simple engine b4 i start a collage course in september. I wanted to get my self an engine i could strip and rebuild and run on a test bench with little aggrivation and one simple enough my friend could put faults on for me to find but it would still run( unless of course that was the fault symptom) My search has lead me round and ropund through the yellow pages and seemingly annoying all the local brakers and scrap merchants. However it seams that someone has a vauxhall viva for sale in his yard he seemed to think it was a late 80's but cant seem to find any evidence to support this on the net. is this possable and if so how much should i be paying.

sorry for the long post
thanks in advance
coop
cooper1200
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: buying a viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 pm

The Viva was only made up till the late 70's so cannot be a late 80's car... That said find out what it is and go for it.... :welcome:
pbottomley

Postby cooper1200 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:47 pm

how much should i pay for one in a scrap yard??? i only got a budget of 150 -200 is this reasonable
cooper1200
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:32 pm

If a car is in a scrap yard , then it is only worth its weight in value, anything more then the scrap yard is attempting to profiteer on you your good offer to attempt to save the car, simple as that. They can flat pack it and make it into baked bean tins and get there money that way, one car should make no difference to them. Alas these days they are making the most of peoples emotions and will play the harp strings to get what they can form you. :goodluck:
pbottomley

Return to Restoration