HC Viva Resto

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Re: HC Viva Resto

Postby viva power » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:08 pm

I like some of those pics for the verious paint ideas especially the brown with the cream stripe and the rear end shot of the greeney one are fantastic!.
viva power
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby carmad » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:48 am

those suspension parts look brand new

did you have a lot off wire brushing to do or did you just have them all shot blasted?
carmad
Area Rep

Postby dirtyroger » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:47 am

Martyn wrote:Heres what came up on google images when I seached for "leMans Blue", must say thats a pretty cool colour.

Some time ago I made a computer image to try out some colour options, these were the outcome...
Think I would rather have one complete colour than a two tone job.

Hey Martyn, have you got an image of a 4 door HC, i would like to use it to play about with the colour options on mine

did you make it?
dirtyroger
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Martyn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Originally I spent a lot of time wire-brushing with the grinder, but there was a lot of areas too difficult to get clean so in the end I had them shotblasted and powdercoated at a local company called 'Redditch Shotblasting', cost me £42 for all bottom arms and top bones, and about £50 for the beam itself.

Yeah I created the image myself using Illustrator then rendered it in Photoshop, I can make up a 4 door version if you wish.
Martyn
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Graeme » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:23 pm

do you mind telling me where you got the avo shocks from?

are they just adjustable shocks or are they coilovers? if there just shocks where did you get the springs?

sorry for all the questions but im currently looking for parts for my HB.
Graeme
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Martyn » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Ok, these shocks are currently a test to see if they work, modification to the front beam is going to be required for suitable clearance around the top mount.
But Avo do sell Adjustable shocks for the Viva HB and HC, go to there main website (AVOUK.COM), click on Roadsport then select manufacturer and the shocks will be listed at top of page, there are no springs listed unfortunatly. I ordered my shocks over the phone, but what I ordered are different, they are height adjustable coilovers, these I have ordered by open and closed lengths and have purchased springs by lb rate (of which I have guessed until car is complete, then its a case of weight and angles in some sort of formula that im not looking forward to).
Martyn
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby steve_1984 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:44 am

Some good work there, looks like a top repair. Alot of work but at least you know it will last for years.
1968 HB Deluxe :D
steve_1984
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Restoration