HC Pics.....+ Few more

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

HC Pics.....+ Few more

Postby steve78hc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:01 am

[Hosted_Picture][/Hosted_Picture]Image
Image.....Couple of random pics from last year. Still ongoing once weather permits...Mainly bits here and there,usual rust traps,been cutting out all the old joint and seem sealer i could get to,cleaned it up,then re-sealed it with Por patch 15.Suprising how many clean looking joints have the beginings of rust,once you dig the old stuff out.Will put a few more up soon.
Last edited by steve78hc on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve78hc
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: HC Pics.

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:54 am

steve78hc wrote:Suprising how many clean looking joints have the beginings of rust,once you dig the old stuff out.

There's a lot of joints that are bare metal where the two pieces join, so when the sealant doesn't seal any more, they rust. Top of the bulkhead to the flat piece where the fusebox sits is the most recent one I found - bright shiny bare metal at one point, until the bit where the sealant had dried out.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Re: HC Pics.

Postby steve78hc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:45 pm

[Hosted_Picture][/Hosted_Picture]Image[Hosted_Picture][/Hosted_Picture]Image[Hosted_Picture][/Hosted_Picture]Image[Hosted_Picture][/Hosted_Picture]Image[Hosted_Picture][/Hosted_Picture]Image[Hosted_Picture][/Hosted_Picture]Image Engine bay more or less finished now,bodywork done,wheels painted..almost,nearly there!
steve78hc
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: HC Pics.....+ Few more

Postby steve78hc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:16 pm

[Hosted_Picture][/Hosted_Picture]Image[Hosted_Picture][/Hosted_Picture]Image[Hosted_Picture][/Hosted_Picture]Image..Last few pics...Any rusty or suspect areas wire brushed and sanded back to metal ( cordless drill and by hand,no electric in lock up :( ) Treated with Por Metal Ready,then a coat of etch or Por 15.Any areas to be left black,sills,under arches etc. get a couple of coats of my "Magic Mix" Hammerite and 2pack Polyurathane.Brushed or stippled on with a piece of sponge!
steve78hc
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: HC Pics.....+ Few more

Postby dann01 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:14 am

Dunno if you are interested, but I have some cans of paint that were specially matched and mixed for the colour of you car... My old GLS project which got defuncked was the same colour copertone.

Have 7 cans. If interested, give a £10 donation to Whizz-Kids for the end to end drive.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Return to Restoration