My first Viva - 1972 Deluxe

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Re: My first Viva - 1972 Deluxe

Postby 1972nail » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:25 pm

We've all been there Paul...... :oops:
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby fistfullofV5's » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi Paul, like David says we have all been there. To find what turns out to be a simple solution you sometimes have to go all round the houses. Very recently I stripped down a bank of 4 carbs on my Suzuki and lovingly put them all back together again only to find a float chamber o ring on the bench. I just couldn't remember if it was a spare or if I'd forgotten to fit one so I had to strip down again to make sure. I'd done it right first time as it happens :wutend:
Regards, Dave.
fistfullofV5's
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jpsmit » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:50 pm

fistfullofV5's wrote:Hi Paul, like David says we have all been there. To find what turns out to be a simple solution you sometimes have to go all round the houses. Very recently I stripped down a bank of 4 carbs on my Suzuki and lovingly put them all back together again only to find a float chamber o ring on the bench. I just couldn't remember if it was a spare or if I'd forgotten to fit one so I had to strip down again to make sure. I'd done it right first time as it happens :wutend:
Regards, Dave.

On the plus side if these carbs are anything like SU's, it is a well known truth that if you disassemble and reassemble an SU enough times, eventually you will have two! :lol:
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby fistfullofV5's » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:29 pm

jpsmit wrote:
fistfullofV5's wrote:Hi Paul, like David says we have all been there. To find what turns out to be a simple solution you sometimes have to go all round the houses. Very recently I stripped down a bank of 4 carbs on my Suzuki and lovingly put them all back together again only to find a float chamber o ring on the bench. I just couldn't remember if it was a spare or if I'd forgotten to fit one so I had to strip down again to make sure. I'd done it right first time as it happens :wutend:
Regards, Dave.

On the plus side if these carbs are anything like SU's, it is a well known truth that if you disassemble and reassemble an SU enough times, eventually you will have two! :lol:

That might well be the case JP :D
fistfullofV5's
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Restoration