1966 BEDFORD HA BEAGLE RESTORATION

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Re: 1966 BEDFORD HA BEAGLE RESTORATION

Postby bedfordbad » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Lovely job, Youve a rare old gem there..... bet your glad to see that finished... Side windows next!! :goodluck:
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby logsplitterman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Hello,
Spotted an article in the latest edition of Classic Van and Pickup by the Ford 400E club who have decided to have a rubber extrusion manufactured for club members with Martin Walter Dormobile camper conversions of the 400E van and needing replacement rubbers for the side windows. Although they normally don't sell club parts to non members, due to the large quantity that they had to order, and to re-coupe some of their outlay they are offering the rubber to non members. I sent off for a sample of the extrusion and was chuffed when it arrived to find it was exactly as fitted to HA Beagle/Roma van coversions in the 1960'S :D :D :D I needed 7 metres for the Beagle which cost £100 including carriage charges and my windscreen fitter put the glass in yesterday and i am very pleased with the result.
The only downside with the job is that the 400E. club can only offer a plain black rubber infill strip as opposed to the plastic chrome effect strip which would have been used originally. The Beagle/Roma was fitted with a 7mm wide chrome strip which the 400E club are unable to source and to have it specially made they would have had to order a vast quantity. If anyone has a roll of 7mm wide chrome effect infill strip lying on their garage shelf looking for a good home please let me know.
If anyone needs any further info please PM me and i will supply phone numbers and addresses.
Regards,
Alan.
logsplitterman
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby logsplitterman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Hi,
At last i've done a bit on inside. The floor covering,seats,door cards and what little was left of the side trim panels were all different shades of grey so i decided to try to standardise things.
The Hardura felt load area covering was in pretty good order so i sent a small sample of that to Segals in Manchester and they supplied a grey vinyl which matched in colour. I bonded the vinyl to 3mm hardboard as per the original. Using a router i rebated the back of the hardboard to half it's thickness to enable grey vinyl edging to be pushed on. The panels were fixed to battens and the bodywork using chromium plated self tappers with screw cups and tucking under the window rubbers where possible(see previous post) After filling various holes and defects in the door cards i took a sample of the grey vinyl to Auto Colours in Rhyl and they mixed up 1/4 L synthetic satin paint which i applied using a 4" foam roller.
The next phase will be cleaning and repairs to the front seats, carpets etc., i will keep you posted.
Cheers, Alan.

Last edited by logsplitterman on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
logsplitterman
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby logsplitterman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi,
Some more pics.

Last edited by logsplitterman on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logsplitterman
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Andy reynolds » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:08 pm

very nice this :)
Andy reynolds
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby bedfordbad » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Looking good Alan. .cannot wait to see it in the flesh!!. hope you get to billing this year!!!
P.s struggling to get parcel shelf/ bulkhead inserts as there very brittle with age! Angle brackets sorted!
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:14 am

That looks very smart.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby logsplitterman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:59 pm

Thanks lads for your comments. Parcel arrived with the bits, cheers Steve.
Regards,
Alan.
logsplitterman
SL Viva
SL Viva

Previous

Return to Restoration