MVB 645L Lizzy 1256 de-luxe progress

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

MVB 645L Lizzy 1256 de-luxe progress

Postby HONEY318 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:49 am

well , we have taken some stuff off, started welding and lots of cleaning.. pics trying to go on as we speak..
Attachments
1256 2 door viva estate

( Lizzy )

HC 678
HONEY318
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: MVB 645L Lizzy 1256 de-luxe progress

Postby hbpeter » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Thats right, get the slave labour involved!! Shame about the dent on the wing, will it knock out? Looks better than the ebay pictures already.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby HONEY318 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:40 pm

i'm hoping it will !! lol. i cant hardly keep my lad away from it. he loves it. yes we have put it a lot of work. bumper is back on , welding it up on saturday. tyres are being changed soon, the odd wheels are astra wheels i had, but not a good fit. wheels have been rubbed down and painted, oil changed and it runs well. carb cleaned out. interior cleaned up nicely. yes, its getting there..
Attachments
1256 2 door viva estate

( Lizzy )

HC 678
HONEY318
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby HONEY318 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Well, i have just found 2 new monroe shocks for the rear, and have got my friend to look for 2 new front as well. i have new silver trims for front and rear screens. we have done some more welding under the bonnet, and on bottom of the front wings, new brake pipes from servo to wheel all round, and picked up new flexi hoses both front and single rear. !! yay so after giving the old girl a good service to all brakes, at least i can stop her on the nose!
i also, have been rubbing down some ruff spots, someone has had a small prang in it i think as some of the filler is really not smooth. bit of digging to be done there i guess.
oil changed and filter, that was fun with a cartridge filter, i made a type of funnel and cable tied it onto the side of the engine so that ALL the oil went into my tray. not too much mess at all. lots of the front suspention has been rubbed down and rust treated, and a tin of hammerite smooth black to be brushed on . so it all looks pretty down there. track rod ends, and upper and lower ball joints to be replaced, top were ok but while its in bits why not hey? the hardest thing to remember is to take pics.lol. start to crack on and i forget. 4x 165/70/13's have been bought, ready for when the wheels have been shot blasted and powder coated. i have so many bits on the shelve's i just want to put them on, but that old crusty brown stuff needs to BE GONE first.. looking into how much the finishing touches of welding and the final spray job will be so i can save up my ..... ever decreasing pocket money .
Well, its a slow thing , which is prob best as i wont have to tear it all apart again too soon. but,, we are getting there slowly.....
Attachments
1256 2 door viva estate

( Lizzy )

HC 678
HONEY318
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Sounds like your making good progress. As you say while its in bits, might as well do all the the things that wear.

Peter :respekt:
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby HONEY318 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:58 pm

i may well be doing too much for now, but hey, why strip it all down twice...?? just means i take bits off then have to wait for more bits before i put it back together again.. oh well. thats why my work has been all hoppity rather than doing 1 bit at a time. once i get outside i dont like stopping and having to wait. so i get on with something else while i'm there.. :lol: :lol:
the mrs dont see it that way everytime i'm gone for hours .... :angrywife: lmao...
1256 2 door viva estate

( Lizzy )

HC 678
HONEY318
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby HONEY318 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:32 pm

well, where do i start, i have changed the lower ball joints track rod ends, and flexi brake pipes on both front sides. just the rear flexi to do then bleed the brakes up. all have been serviced and should be all good. not sure how true it is but i did get told by a friend ,not to push the pedal all the way to the floor when i bleed them. 2 small bits of welding to do then thats all that done too. i have to get 2 more 165/70/13 tyres , and some small jobs then to book it in for the mot..... scary stuff.lol. but it has to be done soon, so that any stuff it fails on can be done in this oh so loverly british summer.. problem is the kids are on school hols, so progress is slow.. i shall try and get some more pics up soon... :)
1256 2 door viva estate

( Lizzy )

HC 678
HONEY318
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby michaelmate » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:50 pm

That's good work you are doing there !! :coolpics:
Projects........Projects........Projects!
HC 391
michaelmate
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Well done, never heard of not pushing the brake pedal all the way down when bleeding before.

Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Boydyhb » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Your getting on great mate, I've just started to tackle the front suspension, so now the hunt for parts begins!
Boydyhb
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Next

Return to Restoration