HC Mud Flap Set

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

HC Mud Flap Set

Postby Andrew Morris » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Does anyone have an instruction fitting guide for an HC Mudflap Set?

I found my original box of mudflaps front and rear which were destined for my HC back in 1980 and here we are 32 years later and they are perfect and unsused. I have the brackets and fixings too,just dont remember how to fit them.

If such instructions are still available could they be posted electronically ? or happy to pay a member the postage to have a copy sent on.

Thanks anyway

Andrew
Andrew Morris
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: HC Mud Flap Set

Postby droopsnoot » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:27 pm

I'd have a look, but I built a bench using some metal boxes as supports and mine are in one of them, I think. If it turns out they're accessible I'll post them.

As I recall it the fronts have a bracket that screws into the floorpan, the rears have a triangular bracket on the nearside that screws into the filler panel between boot floor and quarter panel, and I'm not sure what happens of offside. But that's based on the memory of a photo of someone else's car.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Andrew Morris » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:40 pm

droopsnoot wrote:I'd have a look, but I built a bench using some metal boxes as supports and mine are in one of them, I think. If it turns out they're accessible I'll post them.

As I recall it the fronts have a bracket that screws into the floorpan, the rears have a triangular bracket on the nearside that screws into the filler panel between boot floor and quarter panel, and I'm not sure what happens of offside. But that's based on the memory of a photo of someone else's car.

Ah that makes sense as i have all the bits then,i will try to work it out in the meantime,thanks
Andrew Morris
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:02 pm

This is the instruction sheet from a set of front mudflaps. It's not A4 so not easy to scan.

Text in top right corner of sheet reads:

1. Locate mudflap on front fender wheel opening, and using mudflap as a template, drill 4 .188in dia holes in wheel opening flange, as shown in View 1 and section A.

2. Assemble 4 speednuts to edge of wheel opening flange, and secure mudflap, as shown in section B-B, using 4 screws and washers.

3. Using mudflap support bracket as a template, locate and drill two .125in dia holes in floor panel and attach bracket using screws and washers provided. Then assemble speednut to support bracket and secure mudflap as shown in view 1 section cc.

4. Paint head of screws with matt black paint.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Andrew Morris » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Blimey,thanks for that i will try and work it out with the bits on my desk.Appreciate the reply :D

Andrew
Andrew Morris
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:13 pm

No problem, if you need the other captions translating let me know. One day I will make it into a downloadable PDF.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Return to Restoration