1965 HA Viva Standard Australia

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

1965 HA Viva Standard Australia

Postby HASTANDARD » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi guys have got my viva build posted on retro rides and was told I should share it here aswell. I have owned the car for a couple of weeks now and am planning on a 60's style rebuild, original engine style with period performance upgrades. Sticking with the original exterior colour. I want to use the car as a run around and its something a little different. Would love any advice that you would have and any issues these cars may have that I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance :)

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/ ... To=1804917
HASTANDARD
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: 1965 HA Viva Standard Australia

Postby HASTANDARD » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Tried my HR steering wheel on the HA and seems like they have the same splines. Just have to machine the boss so it sits a bit further onto the spline and take a whisker out of the centre so the emblem fits in.

Also had an old set of venetians for an unknown car that I'm retro fitting to the rear. All the spot welds are drilled out now and the supports fit well just had to bend the bottom mounts to the right angle. Just all the hard work to go.

I have been toying with a few ideas for the viva was thinking of going with torana inspired colours and trim as they all stem from the same family over here. Ultra blue with a gloss black HA GT stripe and roof, and black interior
But looks like I might be going original if the venetians turn out ok. They go well with the old style green. Its just a matter of trying to find the original material or another seat in good condition over here.

I have also been thinking of maybe retro fitting a small supercharger either a AMR500 or SC12, leaning more towards the AMR. I'd be using it on the 1157 engine that I got as a spare.

Let me know If you have any advice or opinions.
HASTANDARD
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:14 pm

If you do go down the supercharger route be very interested on how it goes and the build.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby HASTANDARD » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:26 am

HBPeter wrote:If you do go down the supercharger route be very interested on how it goes and the build.

Peter

no worries hopefully its not a step by step what not to do thread :oops:

When I was reading the Tuning vivas book seems like everything is pretty strong bottom end wise, I'm sure I'll have a few questions along the way though.

When joining the V.V.O.C it a one off payment or an annual thing?
HASTANDARD
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:47 am

one off fella... we exploit you to start with and you then moan like hell back at us to get your monies worth :wink:
pbottomley

Postby fistfullofV5's » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:50 pm

pbottomley wrote:one off fella... we exploit you to start with and you then moan like hell back at us to get your monies worth :wink:

I'm fairly certain that Fred will be wanting my membership fee come next Spring.
Dave.
fistfullofV5's
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Err its an annual payment, we pay every year. When you pay depends on when you join. PM Fred Dukes, he will explain it all and the different payment methods.

Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby HASTANDARD » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Been a fair while since I last posted. Finally got the engine running, embarrassingly it was the coil that I had wired around the wrong way :oops: But should see a bit more progress during the year mostly the brakes need kitted and the paint needs a freshen up. It's our winter now so paint wont happen for a while but finally a bit excited to get into it again.
HASTANDARD
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby HASTANDARD » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:18 pm

Parts are fairly scarce over here and I was lucky to get another car for spares. Lots of good bits but the shell is cactus.
Bit of a swamp in there!
I don't know If you could get deluxe options on a standard but I think the opening rear windows are a must. And the heater and rear armrests would be nice too.
Got a nice set of rims lined up too.
Nice to have a bit of progress for a change.
HASTANDARD
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Do you have a reg number for the spares car? Are those Cobra SuperSlot wheels on the trailer?

Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Next

Return to Restoration