Repair panels

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Repair panels

Postby peeejay » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:06 am

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of a supplier for repair panels for a Firenza? I am after inner wing, floor, and inner Cill. Outer cills seem available. Or will I have to hand make?

Help appreciated!
Firenza Sport SL
peeejay
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Repair panels

Postby 1972nail » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:10 pm

If you are really lucky you might get some new old stock inner wing repair panels but generally most panel have to be hand made. :(
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby droopsnoot » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Inner wings crop up, as do the old inner wing repair panels either for the hinge area, or a little further forward. There's a supplier in Australia that does some Holden Torana floor pan repair sections which are pretty much the same as HC, but you have shipping and potentially VAT/Duty on top of the price. I've never seen a new inner sill, but I do know someone who knew someone that had some. Sounded expensive, though.

Generally the problems in these cars are in pretty much the same places, except in extreme cases, and the repair sections aren't that difficult to make. For example the part of the inner sill that goes is usually the section below the floor, and that's a flat section with an angle at the bottom where it joins to the outer sill. Likewise inner wings usually go at the hinge, or at the top, which are not terrible places to repair.

Post some photos of the areas you need to repair, it might be that people have parts of old panels that can be used. For example I've got some bits of inner wing that are usable, but they're not the complete panel.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby peeejay » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:25 am

Thanks both. Posting pictures is something I have yet to master!
Firenza Sport SL
peeejay
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Restoration