Rubber Door Seals And Rubber Glass Excluders

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Rubber Door Seals And Rubber Glass Excluders

Postby MagnumJohn » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi. I am after the rubber section that wraps round the door on a 4 door magnum. I have no idea what they look like as there isn't any on the car. But it looks like they slide in a channel around the door. Plus I also need the 4 weather rubbers with chrome/stainless that sit outside each window. If you can help, a link would be appreciated to where they are. Thanks in advance guys
1975 Magnum 2300
MagnumJohn
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Rubber Door Seals And Rubber Glass Excluders

Postby fouronthefloor » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:34 pm

I won't promise anything but these guys might have the relevant door seal.

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/default.aspx

Not too far from you & not too far from me if you want to see what it looks like.
fouronthefloor
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby MagnumJohn » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:03 pm

fouronthefloor wrote:I won't promise anything but these guys might have the relevant door seal.

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/default.aspx

Not too far from you & not too far from me if you want to see what it looks like.

Thanks for that. Its going to have a respray soon, or maybe you can email me a pic of it?

thanks
1975 Magnum 2300
MagnumJohn
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby fouronthefloor » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:23 am

It may be worth giving them a ring. They sell this stuff by the metre & just might know what the profile of it is.
Failing that I'll see how easy it is to remove a portion of it over the weekend & report back.
fouronthefloor
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:09 am

If it's the same as the Firenza (and I believe it's similar, just a slightly different length) then it's two different profiles - around the window frame, as you said, it slides into a groove in the body of the door, but lower down there are holes in the door body where it clips using small plastic pegs through the rubber. I've often thought something similar (or at least suitable) could be fashioned from continuous strip. Mine are glued in place along the door bottoms because when I removed the rubbers I wasn't very careful and ruined some of the holes. These are available for HB in Australia, I believe, and can be made to fit HC. I know of one person with a Sportshatch, and another with a Firenza, who have fitted these new seals, albeit only to front doors. I think the Firenza write-up is on this forum.

The rubber strip between the top of the door skin and the window glass is quite a straightforward profile, and I think the Woolies link will be useful, or some of the others such as East Kent Trim Supplies or that type of place. The chrome bits will be more difficult - I've never broken a four-door car so while I have the odd one lying around, none of them will fit.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby MagnumJohn » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:49 am

Thanks for all your suggestions guys.
1975 Magnum 2300
MagnumJohn
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby MagnumJohn » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:59 pm

I spoke to a guy today (East Kent Trim) who is going to have replica windshield rubbers front and rear made to pattern of originals for hc model. He currently keeps headling in stock cut to shape also. The rubbers wont be ready till November unfortunately. But it will be better than the "off the role" stuff for the rear window as its got more sharper corners than the front. I also bought 4 outer glass seal rubbers and clips. He is also having made the draft excluder door seals to pattern too.
1975 Magnum 2300
MagnumJohn
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:31 am

I thought someone on this forum had already done this, or is that the "off the roll" stuff?
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby steff » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:21 pm

How much were East kent quoting for a headliner? or are they the folks who sell the ones on fleabay for £150?

Cheers

Steff
HC496
steff
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby MagnumJohn » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Around £140 precut I think he said. They are very helpfull
1975 Magnum 2300
MagnumJohn
SL Viva