Rusty Floor Be Gone! :-)

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Rusty Floor Be Gone! :-)

Postby golden wonder » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:44 pm

So I was driving along and a puddle of water appeared from under the passenger side seat. I took the seat off at the weekend and lifted up the carpet and all the carpet underneath was wet through. So took all the seat out and sanded it all down and it looks like a roasting tin now. Just got to find where the leaks are coming from. I went out to look at it earlier today and there was a small puddle in the middle of the floor with no water marks coming from anywhere. Felt the roof and around the windows and it seems dry...no drips...I think there might be elves playing tricks during the night ;-) ....going to have a better look this weekend.
golden wonder
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Rusty Floor Be Gone! :-)

Postby 1972nail » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:00 pm

I'm not an expert but the leaked I've seen on an HC have come from the feast aside screens, the front windscreen, around the heater box. I noticed on my Firenza shell that the sealant along the joint of the bulkhead and the heater shroud fixing flange had dosed and was no longer effective.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Re: Rusty Floor Be Gone! :-)

Postby golden wonder » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Thank you :-) I'm going out to have another look and I'll check around the heater box and the windscreen.
golden wonder
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Restoration