New member trying to save an HC - help!

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

New member trying to save an HC - help!

Postby MAustin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:40 am

Morning, I'm desperately looking for an HC exhaust (everything behind the manifold) and a pair of inner sills to get through an MOT, and get my recently acquired 2 door 1256cc back on the road! Any pointers greatly appreciated.
This is my second HC - my last one was my first car and went 29 years ago...I always knew I'd get another one day! The more tips on where to get things from the merrier! Thanks in advance
MAustin
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: New member trying to save an HC - help!

Postby pbottomley » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Iner sill, no such thing for sale , you will have to make it yourself ... as for exhaust cannot offer advice sorry , but eBay might be a good start
pbottomley

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Yes, inner sills are just not around, and if you found an original one it would be a major job to change it. It's usually just the section at the back end, where it comes down from the floor to meet the back end of the outer sill, and it's largely just a flat panel with a bit of an angle on the bottom to meet the sill flange.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby hbpeter » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:45 am

Hello and welcome. The club can get exhausts made, but you need to be a member. Otherwise keep your eyes open on ebay and at autojumbles. Always worth trying a few exhaust places that have been around for awhile, they might have the odd bit on a shelf! Whats the reg of the car you have, and any photos?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby MAustin » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm new to forums so I hope the picture attachment works..! HGX 435N is its name..
Thanks for the tips, I scour Ebay almost daily. Found a place that can make one for about £320 in 8 weeks...don't know how that compares to the clubs offering? Membership application sent last week so hopefully I will be accepted soon!
Attachments
MAustin
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby 1972nail » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 pm

Looks good. I had a 4 door HC that colour. For the records I can't remember the reg number, sorry Peter.

There is bound to be an exhaust manufacturer close to you who will make it up on the car almost while you wait.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to Restoration