Valerie the Cosworth Viva Resto.

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Re: Valerie the Cosworth Viva Resto.

Postby BigWallace » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:59 pm

Scraping underseal sucks!!!
Attachments
BigWallace
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby BigWallace » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:03 am

Well worth the effort though... lots more to take off yet! Not too many rusty surprises!! Anyway, better get off to bed!

Regards,

Leigh.
Attachments
BigWallace
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby chrismc » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:21 am

Stunning work on the floorpan 8)
chrismc
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:33 am

BigWallace wrote:Sorry David... I just had to widen the aperture! It looks so right on your Firenza & it'll be better cooling for the intercooler too! Just need a blade spoiler now... the full bib won't suit the banded steels & the '70's racer look I'm going for! Would it be possible, if I pay you well, for you to mould one up?

Regards,

Leigh.

I'm flattered. :)

I made my aperture shallower by about 2" too. The spoiler might be a problem as mine was designed for Nail style wings, MY Nail style wings, which are much modified from the original DTV offerings. So it won't fit anything else but my car. The shallower opening also allows the blade to be mounted higher to accentuate the lower, wider look.

Have a look at my thread and see how I made my bespoke spoiler and try one yourself. A man with your skills will have no probs. Failing that you could always have a look at fitting a MK1 Escreta bib spoiler...but don't tell anyone :-)
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Kraken » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:50 pm

Some great work going on in here! :respekt:

Edit: Just spotted you're in Aberdeenshire... Where abouts? Fancy coming and sorting out my Viva? :lol:
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby BigWallace » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:02 pm

Cheers guys! It's coming on well now! Yeah David, I'll have to make a few 'glass bits anyway. One more won't hurt!!

Leigh.
BigWallace
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby BigWallace » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Kraken wrote:Some great work going on in here! :respekt:

Edit: Just spotted you're in Aberdeenshire... Where abouts? Fancy coming and sorting out my Viva? :lol:

Fit like ma loon?! I'm in the Foveran/ Newburgh area. Not much time for my own motor, but more than happy to make up any akward pieces for you... floor pans etc.

Leigh.
BigWallace
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Kraken » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:28 am

BigWallace wrote:Fit like ma loon?! I'm in the Foveran/ Newburgh area. Not much time for my own motor, but more than happy to make up any akward pieces for you... floor pans etc.

Leigh.

Very close then, I'm just over by Arnage Castle!

Very kind offer, and I might just take you up on that in the future... Early days yet, as my Viva's currently built into a shed without a door at the moment :imsmiling:

Anyway, keep up the good work.
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby yoeddynz » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Really tidy welding and neat work going on here- the car deserves it and you dont want it letting go with that mount of power eh! Are you adding any extra seam welds or braces to cope with extra power or are the HC shells stronger than HB shells.
Wow at the inside of your sills- my wagon is a fair bit more 'orange' in its cavities..
yoeddynz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby BigWallace » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Cheers Alex, sorry for the late reply :oops: Yeah, I'll be stitch welding all the seams & adding a few gussets here & there! I'd wager the HB shells would be a bit stiffer than the HC. When building the roll cage, the main hoop was attatched to the seat belt pillar mounts & when pushing the pillar in (before the bottom of the hoop was welded to the x-member), there was around 6mm of play :? Just a little bit too flexible!! Needless to say, it doesn't move now!!!

Cheers,

Leigh.
BigWallace
GT Viva
GT Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Restoration