hc estate resto

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

hc estate resto

Postby cooperman » Tue May 12, 2015 10:44 pm

Thought i'd put a few picks up of my '77 1800L estate. Absolutely rubbish with technology so i hope this link works! Started a facebook page because i couldnt work out how to get the photos from the resizing site. Any way, i bought the car a couple of years ago with the idea of having something to play with at the weekends. The interior was in but the engine, ancilleries and brakes were in boxes. The body was really straight but the roof had a lot of surface rust pitting and a few scabs on the bonnet which went through when i rubbed it down. I will try and put more photos up as i go but i am now working to a deadline as my daughter has decided she wants to go to her prom in it in june. Better get cracking...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009598029279
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: hc estate resto

Postby jpsmit » Wed May 13, 2015 12:13 pm

I clicked on the link but your settings seem to be private as I couldn't view without actually friending you
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby cooperman » Wed May 13, 2015 1:18 pm

Told you i was pants at technology. will ask the kids when they get in later, thanks for the heads up
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby cooperman » Wed May 13, 2015 5:55 pm

ok had another go on facebook, can someone try it and let me know
thanks marcus

cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby dann01 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:55 am

Good luck with this. Perservere, cos seriously, these are one of the most spacious and versatile cars going.

If you are interested, I can also suggest a way you can carry some tools and stuff in the back of your car without taking up space on the back floor space. :D

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby cooperman » Thu May 14, 2015 2:30 pm

cheers dan, would that be to hinge the floor panel? i did notice the space between it and the petrol tank
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jpsmit » Thu May 14, 2015 3:28 pm

cooperman wrote:ok had another go on facebook, can someone try it and let me know
thanks marcus

works now! cheers.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby droopsnoot » Fri May 15, 2015 10:21 am

That looks good. I'm definitely having a go at my own headlining, when the time comes.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby cooperman » Fri May 15, 2015 12:04 pm

easier than you think, borrowed the mother in laws sewing machine, a bit of clear nylon thread and some careful measuring. bobs your uncle new headlining.
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Paul Dawson » Wed May 20, 2015 7:29 am

I wimped out of doing the headlining - just patched the old one up. Yours looks pretty impressive.

If you want an easy way to post photos which can be seen without clicking links go to www.imgur.com, at the top use the blue 'upload' button, go on the option to search for a file on your computer and choose the photo you want to upload.

When it has uploaded you'll get a screen with the photo showing, you can resize it if you need to, or just look down the right hand side of the screen and you'll see a series of codes - you want the BBcode for message boards and forums (begins with 'img'). Highlight that, copy and then paste that link into a post on any forum and your picture will appear.

It's really quite simple to use.
Paul Dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Next

Return to Restoration