Viva Hb Deluxe Automatic Restoration continued....

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Viva Hb Deluxe Automatic Restoration continued....

Postby cmitchell » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi all just updated the folder with some more photos and videos.

Took a risk today (needed some motivation to start working on her again) and decided to try to start the engine apparently she has less than 50,000 miles from new so it shouldn't need much work when I do get round to the mechanical side of things. All that had to be done was reset the points and change where the petrol was coming from and she started with a few tries.

I posted the chassis number because I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me if it is the 2.0 litre ohc or the 1.6.
I have decided to christen her LIZ after the number plate.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
cmitchell
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Viva Hb Deluxe Automatic Restoration continued....

Postby 1972nail » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:43 pm

It's best to post updates continuing on the original thread... I would be careful about posting chassis number details in a public forum. The chassis number may not reveal the information you are looking for.

For paid up members, in the members only area, there is a thread on identifying various OHC engines.
viewtopic.php?f=288&t=27559
However, looking at your engine it is likely that it is a 1600 unless it was retrofitted with a 2000 from a Victor.

The 2000 engine in Vivas was fitted to the GT only and it had twin Stromberg carbs. Your one is fitted with the correct Viva exhaust manifold and a single downdraught Zenith carb, just like the 1600 Viva.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Re: Viva Hb Deluxe Automatic Restoration continued....

Postby HC Fairley » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:17 am

Hi Chris,

The options plate you posted indicates the car should have a 1.6 OHC. The options information can be found in the "about the cars section" code 474.
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Restoration