VAUXHALL FOOTWELL SERVICE REMINDER CARD

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

VAUXHALL FOOTWELL SERVICE REMINDER CARD

Postby Mercury » Mon May 23, 2022 7:20 pm

Good evening everyone, Here is a question you may be able to answer for me. I have just purchased a HA Viva SL which appears to be in fine order, I notice the service reminder cards are missing from the footwell, did or does anyone reproduce these please? Kindest regards, Simon
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: VAUXHALL FOOTWELL SERVICE REMINDER CARD

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon May 23, 2022 7:43 pm

Not aware of any being reproduced sorry - keep your eye out at the auto-jumbles.
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Mercury » Mon May 23, 2022 7:48 pm

Thank you for that. By the way, I did apply to join but heard nothing back via email, does it normally take a while? Was the service card part of the service book of was it separate cards? Depending on the complexity, I may reproduce them if enough interest. Sorry when I said I was waiting for approval, that was so I could look at the spares the club has to offer, then perhaps I could join the club itself........
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon May 23, 2022 8:06 pm

You wont get access to the members private area until you become a paid member - when you are a paid member you can then apply for approval to access the members area. If your wanting to know if we have the spares you want you would need to ask the Parts Coordinator - there is no comprehensive list of spares available on the Forum.
I think the Service parts cards you refer to may have been part of the service book - need to finf someone who used to work in the garages servicing the Vivas perhaps
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby coopergirl » Mon May 23, 2022 10:01 pm

Hi,
I have checked my emails and haven't received any emails from you Simon, where did you send the email to?
Thanks
Jane
coopergirl
Membership Sec

Postby Bob perry » Mon May 23, 2022 11:21 pm

You know what? After all these years of running and servicing my HA, I have often wondered what that slot in the nearside footwell was meant to hold!
Its too small for the service book, and I have never found out what it is actually for.
Now I know, but still not sure what they really are, or how they were used!

In the interests of originality, I wouldn't mind one, or pack of them whatever, if anyone has some, or knows what they look like!

You learn something new every day!!
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Mercury » Mon May 23, 2022 11:47 pm

Yes I always thought they were a brilliant and useful reminder of services, they were a card with differing mileages on them, the mileage was very prominent through the slot on the holder, I recall it said something along the lines of @NEXT SERVICE DUE' and then underneath in BOLD 12,000 miles, it was easy to read and a good jog to get it done on time, not sure why they stopped doing it. I remember it being in a uncles early 1960's Victor, plus a did own a early Cresta and it was in that as well. If anyone is interested and I can get hold of an original even as a picture or scan, they can be reproduced, I think they would add something. I had thought that perhaps it was the back page of the service sheet for that mileage, so the garage would stamp the book and then fold it over to show the next service due once the one before had been done...............someone tell me I am wrong PLEASE? Simon
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Mercury » Mon May 23, 2022 11:51 pm

coopergirl wrote:Hi,
I have checked my emails and haven't received any emails from you Simon, where did you send the email to?
Thanks
Jane

Hi Jane, I cannot recall exactly what section it was, but I registered and it said I would have to wait to be accepted (story of my life!) but I never got an email to say if I was acceptable or not. In terms of membership, I was more than happy to do that, just I did not have the Chassis number at the time, I am waiting to collect the new car as I write, should be in the next couple of weeks. Hence my other post to see if I could find out any history on it as it does not seem to appear anywhere, which I thought was odd for a car such as a HA Viva SL, cannot be that many left out there, go on surprise me! Kindest regards, Simon
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Mercury » Sat May 28, 2022 5:28 pm

I understand these cards in the foot well on the passenger side were known as Guardian Maintenance Reminders. Does anyone have one of these that I could scan and copy please!!! I am also after the service book for a 1965 Viva if anyone has one spare (not free)
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Mercury » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:39 pm

I have managed to find one of the books, so the question is for you all, if I can find a printer to reproduce these service books for me, would anyone like one? Obviously I have no idea on a cost as yet, but would find out and let you first. They are not always vehicle model specific I understand.
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Next

Return to Restoration