HA floorpans???

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

HA floorpans???

Postby Tremor63 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:24 am

Yesterday I found that the floor of my HA was well and truly rotten.
It had been lovingly disguised by thick sound deadening covering equally as thick fibreglass painted body colour so someone had spent quite some time bodging it up.
Anyway I was just wondering if anyone makes floorpans for the HA as there's too much to patch???
Tremor63
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Clara » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:47 am

http://www.vauxhallviva.com/spares/spares.html

Might be worth phoning Adrian to see if he has a template you can have copied if he doesn't have anything laying around.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby bulldog » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:58 am

hmm can you post a pic of the floor so i can see the shape of it? if you make a cardboard tenplate of the floor pan i might be able cut and bend it to the shape [ish] in flat plate
mike
mike

1972 firenza 2000 sl turbo
1969 HB 1159 2 door deluxe [Fungus]
1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby lambaj » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi

Not much help, but in 20 + years of restorting and running various HA's, I have never seen a floor plan for sale anywhere. It is usually not too much grief to cut out and replace the bad bits. Only the swages make it a bit tricky if your after originality, and getting the old floor off the sills and chassis rails. God luck with the work.

Cheers
Tony (HA21)
"Ere look - thats one of them Mk2 Vauxhall Cortinas....!!"
lambaj
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Tremor63 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:39 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys.
I guess I'll have to make my own repair panels but it was worth asking the question just in case they were available.
Tremor63
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby midlands_nick » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:33 pm

id be tempted to look on teh hadrian website for a van rear floor of some description as these are swaged and probably large enough to get most of a viva floor out of...
midlands_nick
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:48 am

Swaging isn't terribly difficult to do - I use a bit of hardwood (actually part of an old standard lamp base), lay the metal across an open vise, and smack it with a hammer until you get the basic shape. You can get swaging tools, you might find a local fabrication company would be prepared to swage the panel for you.

Failing that, if you really want them, use a nibbler to cut out the section where the swage goes, make it separately out of a strip of steel curved around something round, then weld it in place.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Return to Restoration