sl 90 billing project

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Postby lisbon_road » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:58 pm

I don't see why the heater modification should not be permanent. As said, most modern cars do not seem to have them but let the heater flow all the time.

Wings were available with the headlamp panel attached, more common than the skin wings without, but now you get what you can find - or afford!
lisbon_road
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby lisbon_road » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:58 pm

Oops, I sent two messages somehow!
lisbon_road
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bulldog » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:42 pm

yes i could just leve it like that for this year for billing but my plan is to keep it as genuine is the day it was made and in the best way i can iv got bits of the car in the house at the mo cleaning and washing [ssh dont tell the wife]
mike

1972 firenza 2000 sl turbo
1969 HB 1159 2 door deluxe [Fungus]
1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bulldog » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:45 pm

tonight mike has got the horns working,one new one and one old one but now hes managed to get the original ones to work!,both heater vents are now sprayed black and are fitted into the dash and its also got a new set of wiper blades mikes also made a new seal for the petrol filler cap thingy!
he says he hasn't managed to do much to the car tonight as hes thinking about the dvla silly sods who gave him a form for the log book that was out of date so thats wasted a week,hopefully they can sort it out quick else it'll be coming to billing on a trailer :x sarah
mike

1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bulldog » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:13 pm

right yesterday i done NOTHING!!i had a night off(yes i was slacking)but today i've done the drivers side hinge panel big thanks to hbpeter for the parts,and ive also done the inner wing headlight panel and i did not need to remove the wing but now my neck hurts as does my back from all the bending and peering around underneath!!!
its been my middle sons 8 th birthday today so i didn't get out the door til 3pm as we had a mcdonalds!(well ive got to be fed to do the work!! :lol: )
tomorrow im going to do the other inner wing hinge panel and inner wing headlight panel and hopefully weld the end of the drivers side sill and that then SHOULD be all the welding done and then i can start putting it back together and heres some pics of the days work.mike
hinge strengthening plate is fitted
i had to remove this repair panel as it was fitted very badly and it would never have got through a mot
this is the panel that was removed i spent about a hour beating on it trying to get some form of shape into it
this is what was behind the panel
panel is beaten and the rust has been removed and is now tacked in place ready for welding

the finished front end awaiting being ground down(and the bonnet shuts!! :lol: )for those of you with sharp eyes yes my welder is covered with a black bag its been raining on/off most of the day)
mike

1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby mazzo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:05 am

Seriously impressive stuff again, Mike.

You'll be MOT'd before me at this rate!
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1971 Green 2 door HC Base model
1978 Red 4 door Viva E from new
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lisbon_road » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:00 am

Amazing work.

Makes what I have to do to get ready for Billing seem simple - and forces me to get on with it.

Jon
lisbon_road
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:07 am

mike also has a firenza project but its taken him 2 1/2 yrs so far!(because he wants it the best he can get it)!i guess he's determined to get the viva to billing and also he needs it to get him to/from work in 2 months time as his car is packing up and its running out of tax/mot,hes been in one big rush to get this car done you know im not sure what he looks like anymore.............................. :roll: .sarah
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bulldog » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:13 pm

today mikes done the passenger inner wing,hinge panel and headlight panel and another plate had to be made and welded into the wing aswell,front end is almost put back together however there is still one more area of welding on the end off the drivers side sill and lower wing and then its all the welding done its nearly there.......here some pics from today.sarah
does anyone know if you can still get number plates that are alluminimum backed and have the plastic numbers and letters that you clip on??
its now waiting on a few parts which hopefully be here mid week,how exciting!! 8) and we're also waiting for the paperwork from dvla
mike

1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:51 am

mikes come to a bit of a stop the weather here is alwful and the thunder and lightening mazz and clara have been talking about is also here!hes done a few little things inbetween showers like the window winder etc heres hoping the bad weather passes and then mike can get on.sarah
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Restoration