Sent to Coventry

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Sent to Coventry

Postby pbottomley » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:58 pm

well peebs I have a new toy..... Yes I know loads of you know me and i keep getting new toys, but this one is comming to Billing with any luck, as its oing to be carring *Bleep* loads of viva spares for you paid up club members.

Anyways to the point, it runs (needs a tune) it has gears a cluthc some brakes (needs bleeding and balancing) but a few jobs are needed for an MOT:

1/. on full right lock the car clonks? I took all the front wheel soff anc checked the bearings (good no issues) it has new lower wishbones (good) but when you swing the wheel to hard right lock the left hand fornt wishbone rocks and makes a terrible noise. No idea what it is but hey needs things sorting.

2/. We have no horn.

3/. The hazard units is a bit flaky.

4/. The exhaust blows a little form the rear box (gum gum time)

5/. Two sections of the chassis rail are shot rigth through. the fist big hole is above the rear axle on the drivers side as per picture:

and the second hole is half way along the chassis rail from gearbox cross member to the rear of the car as per picture (again drivers side)

There are laods more pictures of the Van <a href="http://www.annteak.com/mypics/blitish_terrycom/">here</a>

So far it has cost me £100 and I have a limit of another £100 to get an MOT on the wee beasty... anyone got a welder or loads of P38 on the cheap????
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:06 pm

I like him, I think that if he were mine I would call hem buzbie or budgie.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Postby Firenzaboy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:11 pm

D'ya know i can't stand HA's as a rule :twisted: , but that looks rather nice :lol: 8)
Think if i'd seen that,i'd have been tempted myself :P
Dave
Firenzaboy
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:23 pm

That's how it gets you, I also did not like anything except the HB and HC estates at first, but now I would have at least one of every kind of Viva and varient if I could.

Ian. :P :lol: 8) :wink:
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:29 pm

Cheers Mr C... but realistically hes almost there bar the welding.... and front subframe clonk.... If i can sort those out its bang on for Billing....

As for names I was told the car was called Terry (might seem in approprate but the story is as follows, the last owner took the name British Telecom and decided to add an asian accent hense "Blitish Terrycom" and the name stuck).
pbottomley

Postby SPEEDY » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:48 pm

Thats a sweet Van you have there! Someone has spent quite a bit of time adding some nice little touches to Terry haven't they, as compared to my slightly rough work van. Makes me jealous!
You just need a nice loud Power Flow exhaust like mine on there now.:lol:
See what you think of mine if I get to Billing this year at any rate.
Think I might pinch your dashboard and swap it for mine. I could do with a few extra gauges.
But seriously that is a very nice van.
ImageImageImageRETRO VAUXHALLS OF THE VIVA KIND
SPEEDY
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Chevetter » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:15 pm

I look forward to convoying with Terry :D
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby psl » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:30 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/reliant-regal-rob ... dZViewItem

Having been round Paul`s today, i did have to do a double take with this one. All you need is the stickers Paul. Sitting in that yellow thing! was like going back to the early 80`s trev machines, come to think of it it was like sitting in my first viva, lots and lots of dials
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:55 am

Latest updates on the Yellow Van... 75% of the welding now done, except it needed a few more welds than I thought!!.... The chap that does my welding charges me £20-30 to weld a sill on, and he charged me £140 (so far). He even had to drop the rear axle off to remake the spring hangers and bump stops. :shock: :shock:

It will need some more patchs on the inner wheel archs which is a pain, and the bottom of the rear arch under the fuel tank needs sorting out, The sills are best described as legal, but they are basically made of patchs!!

This van is never going to win any prizes for its quality, but it will cetainly turn a few heads.

Anyways time to look at Marvin rubber bits to replace today , then brakes to sort on a Blue HA.... Only then will I play with the van, help welcome anytime as long as its not to remove Bling toys form it....

PS been obtaining other toys for the car in order to keep me happy :D
pbottomley

Postby SPEEDY » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:41 pm

Hey guess what bit needs welding on my Van next ? ..................

Its the floor pan! Its starting to get full of holes and pretty soon I will fall through onto the road whilst driving unless I get it sorted soonish.
ImageImageImageRETRO VAUXHALLS OF THE VIVA KIND
SPEEDY
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Restoration