Its alive again!!!

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Its alive again!!!

Postby steff » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:10 pm

Well the family thought i was mad buying a 1971 1159cc 2 door HC SL off ebay. I am no mechanic and when it arrived with half the engine in the boot, no exhaust, no prop etc, etc I thought what have I done! But solid bodywork no major rust and some receipts from the previous owner (ex club member) for an unleaded conversion from a proper engine shop in 2002. I thought I will give it a go as it was worth saving.

Few probs on the way sourcing a twin downpipe exhaust, sludged up fuel tank, rusted fuel lines, broken fuel pump, messed up carb, broken ignition and wiring to name a few. But help was at hand in the club and cheers to Paul L, Paul B, Andy (Bodyworx) and a few others for parts and pep talks I kept at it.

And so this afternoon it sprang into life again first time it has run complete since 1998 :D .

So a bit of paint and a small touch of welding and I be off to try my luck with the MOT man. OK I can't turn a car around as quick as Bulldog did with the white HB but hey you got to start somewhere!!

Will post some pics to the garage soon.

Steff
steff
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Restoration