Firenza

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Postby stephen wilde » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi Phil.
For cleaning your wheels of thick paint and break dust, I'm told that simple paint stripper fluid will do. I have a set of WolfRace slot mags and as soon as my hay fever backs off, I will be giving them a good stripping. Hope this helps.
Steve.
stephen wilde
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby stephen wilde » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi Phil.
For cleaning your wheels of thick paint and break dust, I'm told that simple paint stripper fluid will do. I have a set of WolfRace slot mags and as soon as my hay fever backs off, I will be giving them a good stripping. Hope this helps.
Steve.
stephen wilde
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby phil dawson » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:35 pm

Thanks Steve, been busy so havent had the chance to try anything else on the wheels yet.

Phil.
phil dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby phil dawson » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:46 pm

Couple more pics from yesterday. Floor inside painted silver hammerite (mate tells me the hammerite will stop the rust coming back for a while!!!).
Front panel painted black hammerite.
Got the car back up on the ramps tonight and sprayed the outer floor, arches etc with black hammerite.
Front lights, grille and bumper to be fitted tomorrow night and then MOT on wednesday. Will be glad of a rest soon as been a mad rush.
Attachments
front panel painted 08.06.08 002.JPG
front panel painted 08.06.08 002.JPG (109.38 KiB) Viewed 3516 times
floor painted 08.06.08 003.JPG
floor painted 08.06.08 003.JPG (52.59 KiB) Viewed 3516 times
phil dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:21 pm

Looking good, good luck on MOT day. Did my first Viva with Hammerite on the floor. Did it with the doors shut, boy did I have a headache!!!! :roll:
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby phil dawson » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:28 pm

Thanks Peter,
Well, got home from work tonight and fitted the front lights, grille, bumper and passenger seat, then delivered car to the garage for its MOT tomorrow....fingers crossed :)

Phil.
phil dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:50 am

phil dawson wrote:Sorry, dont have the info regarding what garage supplied it.
Have got very little info on the car's history.

If you're interested you can write to the DVLA (as long as it's registered to you) and they will send you copies of all previous documents, for my cars this included the original application for a registration mark which shows the supplying dealer.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby phil dawson » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Well, went to collect car last night after work and found it had went down on 4 minor points...remedied them (I hope) and then dropped car off at garage again just before 11.00 last night. Now waiting to hear if all okay but hasnt been looked at yet!!!!!
Have a carpet on order from Coverdale, should be with me in about another 2 weeks time. Anybody had any experience with Coverdale's carpets?

Phil.
phil dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Firenzaboy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:39 pm

Yes, a bad experience :? !
Dunno what the HC ones fit like,but the one i got for my Chevette HS (now long gone!) was a very poor fitting.I had to hack it about to get it to fit - in a word,CR*P :evil:
Hope you have more luck with yours - if i had to fit a new carpet now,i'd mackle my own up i think!
Dave
1971 Vauxhall Firenza SL in Orange
1975 HP Firenza Droopsnoot
Firenzaboy
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:49 pm

phil dawson wrote:Well, went to collect car last night after work and found it had went down on 4 minor points...remedied them (I hope) and then dropped car off at garage again just before 11.00 last night. Now waiting to hear if all okay but hasnt been looked at yet!!!!!
Have a carpet on order from Coverdale, should be with me in about another 2 weeks time. Anybody had any experience with Coverdale's carpets?

Phil.

In my Firenza there was a homemade carpet. Actually quite a good fit, better than the picture tells. I'd be very interested to see/hear what you think about the Coverdale carpet. :)

http://www.vauxhallviva.com/vivaforum/viewtopic.php?t=8324
Why fight for a ball when we can play with cars..?!!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Restoration