Exeter swine flu weekend

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Exeter swine flu weekend

Postby pbottomley » Mon May 18, 2009 7:50 pm

I left my house at 6am on Saturday with the engine from Fungus, a wiring harness, set of bumpers and headlining for the HB. The traffic was great and I arrived by 8:45am. Exeter it appears felt closer than normal. After some waiting Mike got his ar$e in gear, and we shot down to the workshop with Maz, who had driven up the night before from Reading., via Mc Donalds!

We rolled Fungus back on his side and started the long task of clearing the floor down, of old under-seal and getting back to the bare metal, a few hours of scrapping and some strong liquids to soften the under-seal soon had a great deal of the car cleaned off.

It was a messy job, but the results sure made up for the mess, we did find some more rusty spots, a pin hole in the bottom of the other wing near the sill, I am sure that will grow to a 50p size hole. Some pin holes in the floor all in the same area, so that’s not a biggie. The rest of the car was solid as a rock like new. The best example of the outstanding condition of the rear turrets. On Sunday we continued the process of stripping the floor.

We also stripped the wiring harness out of the car, which means it can be checked over with ease and when we do work on the car we don’t risk damaging the harness.

All in all a busy weekend and lots of forward progress, even if it was taking the car apart and not putting it together.

pbottomley

Great pictures...

Postby Neville » Mon May 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Paul,
A whole new way of looking at a Viva....... You have done well.
Neville
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon May 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Not just me fella, also the odd couple pictures here... Bulldog and mazzo..

Mazzo on the Left and Bulldog on right.
pbottomley

Postby Jon-HPF » Mon May 18, 2009 10:43 pm

Nice work you lot - but i think a screen sticker with Mazzo & Bulldog on it would set the picture off a treat :lol:
Cheers - jon
"Thats a nice looking Capri you got there mate!"
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby bulldog » Wed May 20, 2009 10:53 pm

aw mist it in here why it not in restoration thread? it was a good weekend and spent with good company and many laughs was had. we got loads done. more we do to fungus better he gets there is a rust pin holes here and there and the back panel and wing bottom to do i hope to get that done before the next bacon weekend but i do not think there a better example to be found. as for the screen sticker after two days with carb cleaner you can see the effects it has no us
Last edited by bulldog on Wed May 20, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike

1972 firenza 2000 sl turbo
1969 HB 1159 2 door deluxe [Fungus]
1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby mrs bulldog » Wed May 20, 2009 11:00 pm

you left out the best bit for me .......THE CURRY!! :D my next one won't be until Billing now!
sarah ex wife of mike (bulldog)

a viva widow in the making.....if you can't beat them join them!!!!
hc estate,magnum,firenza,hb.......ANOTHER one mike??
mrs bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Restoration