Re: 1964 Viva HA

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Re: 1964 Viva HA

Postby Alexander » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Hello, i guess i can put up a project tread here now :D

The things i probelaby will do with the car is:

Fix all the rust... Almost done :D

Get the engine running, havent even teststarted it :O

Fix the brakes, hopefully just bleed them, have changed one braketube and think that i just have to bleed them but might have to check them alittle more...

Maybe, And only MAYBE i will mount a turbo on it since i then can get it stronger without changing all the suspension, brakes, drivetrain and more to get it legal here in Sweden. :(

New tyres...

New rims...

New interior...

Some new wires for the lights will be needed, will probelaby put fuses for them to...

A kickass stereo... (A ok stereo atleast :roll: )

Painting some things in the enginebay almost done some things left, like radiator and stuff...

Removing the bumpers and weld the holes in...

I think thats pretty much all :roll: will fill up if i can remember something else :D

Pics:
I have heard the seats are pretty rare? :D
New airfiltre, the connection between the carb and airfilter isnt that good though, will make a new one :D
Tested it with some 15" Saab wheels...
15"...
A bit tight? :roll:
Looks good to me...
OriginalVS Saab :P
With out frontbumper...
With frontbumper...
Made the new brake line a bit to short :(

Thats about all i have done yet :D allthough i burnt a couple of cables last week so i will change some cables and mount fuses and it will hopefully be good.

Comments please :D

//Alex
Last edited by Alexander on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Would suggest you get it all up and running before thinking about upping the engine power. Drive it for awhile to get used to it etc. You might find the HA engine dosent take to a turbo to kindly without a lot of work and other mods. Coming along nicely.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby phil dawson » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:43 pm

Good luck with the restoration, you have been busy already, lots of welding to the floor.
A turbo'd viva HA....keep us all updated on progress.

Phil
phil dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Alexander » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Yes i know, of course im gonna get it running first and see that all works and stuff, thats why i said maybe and only MAYBE putting a turbo on it :P

//Alex

BTW: thanks for the comments :D
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Alexander » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:36 pm

Update, almost atleast :P No new pics...

I have now fixed almost all the rust on one side in the trunk, just alittle more welding to do there. And i also changed some lightswitchs since i thought i had the electrics working, i guessed that the electrics was right, wich i never will do again :( It caught fire :( and 3 cables burnt of, and lots of smoke, in the whole garage :( So now im gonna tear all the electrics for the lights and stuff out, basically im just gonna keep the things for the engine, then wire the rest new, hopefully it will work nice then :) But now i dont really feel for doing anything with the car as you might understand :( But we will see when i get the spark back :D

//Alex
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Alexander » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:52 am

I got my oilfiltre today :D So now i atleast feel alittle happier 8)
Some pics:

It looks to be a NOS but what does that mather? :D

Now im gonna go out in the garage, maybe i will fix all the rust in the trunk today :) Shouldnt take more than 2h maximum 8) But now i want comments :D

//Alex
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby phil dawson » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:00 pm

More pictures perhaps of progress on your car.

Phil
phil dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Alexander » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:34 pm

phil dawson wrote:More pictures perhaps of progress on your car.

Phil

What? You want more pictures on the rust i have fixed and things like that? :D I might can get some up sometime, but to be honest there havent happend alot else than what i have already showed on the pictures. But i will see if i can find some pictures to put up, or something to take pictures at :P But tomorrow i am going away on tractor-race, i think you could call it, and on friday i will go away on holiday in a couple of days, so there might not will be a update on a while 8)

//Alex
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby phil dawson » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:25 am

Yes, everyone likes to see how other people are progressing with their restorations, so plenty pictures are always required.
My restoration has slowed down again as I am ill at the moment and then due to be on holiday from friday for 2 weeks.
What is a tractor-race?
Have fun

Phil
phil dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Alexander » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:12 pm

phil dawson wrote:Yes, everyone likes to see how other people are progressing with their restorations, so plenty pictures are always required.
My restoration has slowed down again as I am ill at the moment and then due to be on holiday from friday for 2 weeks.
What is a tractor-race?
Have fun

Phil

Ok, then i will see if i can get some freshpics, but not before monday. ;)

A tractor-race is when tractors drive slalom (i think you could say) And at the last barrel ( they drive around barrels) they reverse around it, then they drive slalom back to the start/finish line, and there are two tracks next to eachother so the one who is fastest wins, you usually drive best of 3. but if its close you can driva again.

I was there with a friend and his family and his dad races, and he won this time :D But it was very close, in the final, first he won, then the other, then it was so close so noone could judge so they drove again, and the same thing happend 8) And then another race, and then the other reversed too little when they were going to reverse around the barrel so he was out, but my friends dad was anyway before him :D But they dont really do it to win as u might understand ;) just as a fun thing :D My friends dad has put a turbo on his tractor :D so it raises the frontwheels in the start 8)

I can put up this link wich is from a race almost a week ago: http://traktor.rafoto.se/ You might can find the pics there but it is in Swedish so... His tractor is red/rust, with a turbo sticking upp through the bonnet, and he wears a blue helmet :D Most of the pics on him is when he is on the rearwheels :D

//Alex
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Next

Return to Restoration