Re: 1964 Viva HA

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Postby Al3x » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:24 pm

HASTANDARD wrote:Had a read of your build glad you posted it on here, wish I found it earlier since there are no pics that I can see.
Cool little cars starting to get a bit of a soft spot for them :)

Hi!
I have actually not been on the forum for a year now i think.. So it was just luck that I saw your message!!
I will try to get some pictures up then, didnt know that they couldnt be seen any more.
Yes, they are a bit "special" I must say, atleast here in sweden since i own the only 2 ones ive ever seen "live".. Maybe they are are bit more usual to you guys though ;)

I actually did a test run with the "Volxhall" this week! wednesday was the first time i removed the jackstands from the back of the car for over a year.. I must say that i have been very lazy last summer, autumn, winter, and spring.. But now I have some vacation and will try to get the car in OK condition and maybe drive some trackdays etc. I finished off the rear wheelhousing last wednesday, and installed the fuelcell etc, filled some fuel and it was running! Not to bad for the time its been standing.. I still havent got the brakes real good, they are OK but not more.. The pedal doesnt get resistance before 2cm over the floor.. So now i have a real pedalbox on way home, then I will get better gearing on the gaspedal to, now its really hard, idle or 7000rpm pretty much. So that should be nice! also a new seat is coming next week, then i will put it further back and lower the steering wheel. There are some small stuff left on the rear suspension, bracket for the panhard rod etc, i also need softer springs all around, i have a few sets to try with and see.. Exhaust system has to be rebuilt, some lights to wire etc.. But that isnt to important, just brake and indicator works its fine for the track! ;)

I will try to upload some new pictures soon!

//Alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby HASTANDARD » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:49 am

Funny another member on the site is an australian living over in sweden at the moment niftynevins. :D
HASTANDARD
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Time for some pictures!
I noticed that the rear suspension has to be rebuilt alittle bit, the two top rods on the "four link" is touching on the frame rails.. I will now go away from the volvos original rear suspension design and go for a "three link" instead, shouldnt be that much work, but we will see.. ;)

I also got a new seat home today, that will take place on the drivers side, on the passenger side I will stick with the Lancia seat a while.. Tomorrow i hope that my pedalbox will arive, so i can get the old sh*t out :evil: I think i have tried everything to get the brakes working so, feels like the right way to go! Also i will try to lower the steering wheel and probably try to get it a bit further back, depends on where the pedals and seat will be.. :)

Some "small" difference in brake size.. New discs and calipers are mounted!

If there is anything special you would like to have pictures of just let me know and i will try to fix it!

//Alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby HASTANDARD » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Looks good fair bit of work must have went into the rear seat with those tubs. Would love to see a full view of the side wondrring how I'm going to paint mine and looking for Inspiration :)
HASTANDARD
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Yes, not much room for a rear seat anymore.. :roll: But concidering how far back i will have to have the seat with the new pedals etc it doesnt mather.. :) I finished of the brakestuff today, so now i have working brakes on the car, last time I could say and tell the truth was over 2 years ago.. :oops: But now it locks the wheels nice! Just need to adjust the brakebias alittle, but no point in doing that before i have set the rideheight, decided what wheels to run etc.. But since its so easy to set up it doesnt mather.
I was taking it for a spin over to my brothers work when i was testdriving, everything looks OK, just had to adjust the clutch alittle bit, on the way home everything was working good!
This is what it looks like from the side.. Not that impressing, i know.. Needs a bit lowering in the front, and some other work on the body and a new paint of course!
Other side, pretty much the same here..
High as a building.. :shock:
Well, all in all good news I must say! It felt good on the road and in corners, brakes work very well! Engine runs well, some noise from it though.. I will test and change the oil, if its still there we will see how long it lasts.. The plan is anyway to build a new engine once the rest of the car is "done"..
Oh, and it can do burnouts.. :twisted: finally!!

On the to do list:
Lower the steering wheel, new deep dish wheel is needed
Wire the lights and etc
Wheelalignment
exhaust system
Electric radiator fan
Change the gearshifter
Buy and mount a new passenger seat
New seatbelts
Heater pack/defroster
Rollcage might be a good idea ive been told.. :!: :?:

All for now, i might try to get some video uploaded soon! :)
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby HASTANDARD » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 am

I think a rollcage is a must :wink:
HASTANDARD
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:01 am

oops, now I also think a roll cage is a must.. :roll:
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:44 pm

I got some work done today to! Nothing worth posting pictures on though..
Adjusted the seat brackets alittle, lowered the wheel, so now i can actually reach it!! :mrgreen:
Lowered the front suspension alittle bit
Rewired all the lights, except park lamps, i didnt care about those.. :) Atleast now i have something on the front, and brake, flashers, numberplate, and backlights!
Checked the toe on the front, pretty close to what i want, so I didnt adjust any, will try it first.. :)
And got another silencer on the exhaust, and now it runs all the way to the back, before it just went to the end of the doors..
Now i just have to try it some more out on the streets, and hope everything works OK, so i can wait for the next trackday!
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Very impressed. What colour is it going to be. Any chance of doing a small video and posting up?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Al3x » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:56 am

thank you Peter!
colour i havent thought about that much really, but the first I think of is white or black.. :) I dont know what colour that suits the ha best though!
yes, i will try to get some video up soon, i just need someone to film for me, or a gopro ir similar.. :)

//alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Restoration