Re: 1964 Viva HA

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Postby HASTANDARD » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 am

Got a fair bit done. I agree a video would be great.
HASTANDARD
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:50 pm

HASTANDARD wrote:Got a fair bit done. I agree a video would be great.

Yes, now i have finally found the spark to get started on the car.. :)
Im working on a update for what i have been doing today, who knows, maybe there will be a video! ;)
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:12 pm

So, today I really havent been doing that much on the car, mostly been sitting inside it.. 8)
First i put the number plates on it again, then I changed the oil in the engine.. Well needed! So then I went out for a spin! I drove about 40 km, when i got home i checked over everything, so there wasnt any leakage or loose bolts or anything, but everything was fine! :)
So then i went to the gasstation, filled the car up and also 10Liters spare since i have no idea how much fuel its using..
Then i went out to my parents summer place, about 35 km each way, again no problems on the way out, so i took a bath and was just chillin in the nice weather for a while. Then I got in the car and started the trip home again, no problems there either! Feels good, i think there is alittle air in the brakes though, but not much! Just so you can feel it once its hot. But atleast i have now gotten about 11 swedish miles on the car, and everything is still good, feels so nice! :mrgreen: I also tried some starts with it, its quite fast.. And its got plenty of grip thinking of the weight.. It spins alittle bit when starting, spins alittle when shifting to second gear to, but on third gear all the power goes to the asphalt! Then its just to hold on.. ;) haha, Its hard to guess how well it runs, since i have been all on my own, im thinking of getting someone to drive my V70R next to me just to see if its running good or if it just feels like it :)
So, time for some outside pictures!

I need to borrow my brothers camera soon.. Or maybe both my brother and his camera! ;)
And also a video.. Not that interesting maybe, but atleast you can hear it, and see that it is actually running! I didnt really dare to go flatout with just one hand on the steering wheel though, so there is alittle more to get out! And its also quite hard to see how fast its going, but i whould think I went from 45km/h to about 110-120km/h.

All for now, i hope you enjoy it! :mrgreen:
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby niftynevins » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi or should I say tjena Alex good to see your still having fun with your HA :D

Im off to the classic car week in Darlana on Saturday are you going?

Cheers
Andrew
64 HA Viva Brabham GT restoration project
64 HA Viva Deluxe Adelaide assembled restored
64 HA Viva standard Adelaide assembled restored

37 Vauxhall 25HP GY Sloper restoration project
53 Vauxhall Velox Ute original
71 Vauxhall FD Ventora 2 restored
niftynevins
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Al3x » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:12 pm

niftynevins wrote:Hi or should I say tjena Alex good to see your still having fun with your HA :D

Im off to the classic car week in Darlana on Saturday are you going?

Cheers
Andrew

Hello! Yes im trying to have some fun with it.. :D
Ok, that should be fun! Ive been there most of the years that i can remember, this year i havent decided to go though.. Maybe I should rethink that and take a small trip over a day! Are you staying there or just over the Saturday? :)

/Alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby niftynevins » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Im going up and camping with some Swedish Vauxhall register members on the Saturday.
I will pm my number so we can catch up if you end up going :D
64 HA Viva Brabham GT restoration project
64 HA Viva Deluxe Adelaide assembled restored
64 HA Viva standard Adelaide assembled restored

37 Vauxhall 25HP GY Sloper restoration project
53 Vauxhall Velox Ute original
71 Vauxhall FD Ventora 2 restored
niftynevins
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Al3x » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:34 pm

niftynevins wrote:Im going up and camping with some Swedish Vauxhall register members on the Saturday.
I will pm my number so we can catch up if you end up going :D

ok, that sounds nice! :)
thank you, i will give you a call if i end up going, whould be nice to share some words :D
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby HASTANDARD » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Very cool!! When I was watching the video my 2 1/2 year old daughter said race car :respekt:
Good to see you inspired again.
HASTANDARD
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:08 am

HASTANDARD wrote:Very cool!! When I was watching the video my 2 1/2 year old daughter said race car :respekt:
Good to see you inspired again.

Thank you! Haha.. that sounds great! Now i just have to tell something, my sister lives just a couple of houses away from where the garage is, and last summer her daughters was playing in a playground pretty much between our houses, at the same time i was standing and adjusting the timing.. When my sister came to the playground she found her 4 year old daughter standing in the bushes crying.. :roll: it did take some time before she wanted to meet me again.. Perhaps the exhaust sound was a bit high.. Atleast now i have one more silencer! :mrgreen:

Yes, it feels good to be inspired to! Just small stuffs left now 8)

//Alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:05 pm

And just when Everything felt great and the car was pretty much good to go, what couldnt happend happend..
To take it from the beginning, i have been planning along time for a trackday, that is tomorrow, i mounted a set of slick tyres on some rims and test fitted them, adjusted the front Wheel houses alittle bit.. :roll: Then i put the road Wheels on again and Went out for a spin. After a while there was a loud BANG! And water sprayed on the windshield.. I had also mounted a Electric fan in the week just to make sure there whouldnt be any problems with the heat.. So I pulled over, lifted the hood off, the top radiator hose had blown off, thought it was just the clamp thad was poorly tightend, mounted it again and filled water and started going back home. A while later there was Another bigger BANG! This time the radiator was blown.. Now i understood that the Engine anyway was *Bleep*, and i was to tired of this Engine, so i drove it to the garage without any water at all. Just outside the door the Engine died and i couldnt start it, stuck! So I left it for a few minutes and preparded Engine lift.. Then i started it with full throttle and drove the car in, one hour later the Engine was out, Another half an hour later the head was off and i found the blown headgasket, blown on the fourth cylinder..
Now i have started to search for the next Engine, hard to decide though.. I will go on with my next plan while I search for the Engine, moving the whole front suspension a inch or 2 forward.. Both for longer wheelbase, more space for Wheels, and more space behind the front end for the oil pan.
Should be quite easy to move it forward. All for now, no Pictures though, i dont own a camera anymore!
Any advice on an Engine? Im thinking of a ford, or some opel Engine!

//alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Restoration