Re: 1964 Viva HA

This is an area for discussion about Restoration issues.

Postby Al3x » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Well, some pictures of what it was in the last package..
It will need some work to get away all the metal in the way!
I still havent decided about the front ones.. I bought a set of 4 but only wanted to the rear since thats where it will be needed, but it does look pretty badass in the front to, doesnt it?!

//Alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:27 pm

What are they off? Looks quite good.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Al3x » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Actually they arent made for à special car, just universal! But they fit better than i thought!
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:17 pm

Well, now i feel bad for not updating on a long time..
Rear wheel arches have been cut out and are almost done:
'Image
Crappy pictures, i know..
Front brakes are done, just need to run some brakelines and bleed them, shouldnt be to much work!
I have also started to think about the engine, if i get the "body/car" done before the winter is over i might take the engine out and change bearings and gaskets, so i can tune it alittle.. ;) But i think i will wait with that, 140hp should be enough next summer!

The white is alive, i cleaned it out a few weeks ago, looks pretty solid!
I can tell you that its quite fun to drive on roads with only ice on them, with summertires.. :)

Well, i will try to update more often now, i want to get it out, maybe on the ices this winter??

//Alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Well, I know its been a long time since I updated, mainly becouse I havent really done anything on the car. School has been killing me for a month :/
But today I started working on it alittle! I will upload some old pictures to.. :)
Painted the valve cover alittle fast, I might keep it or I might paint it again.. :)
Still a huge mess with cables etc under the bonnet!
Out in the cold weather and snow!
To cold for the viva!
Empty!
And this side empty to!
I love the height and camber in rear.. To bad it wont get any of it!
:D
The brake adjustment valve, everything just assembled fast, nothing will be as it is
Camber..
Not that big difference on the driveshafts between my volvo axle and my brothers ford axle..

All for now, I hope to update soon again! :)

//Alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Wed May 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Now its been a long time since i updated here, i dont think that many is reading here anyway.
The car has been testdriven a while ago, with the need of a bigger brakecylinder as result..
So ive been looking alot for one, and now i found a barely used one from a camaro cup car, 25mm i measured.. Should be great!
So this afternoon ive been building it to place, and bleeding etc.. can get all the air out though.ive been using one that sucks the fluid out, and the old metod with one in the car pumping the brake. with the one sucking i can see its coming air, and when we tried the old way it just got worse.. :?
Bleed some more with the sucking, but couldnt get the air out. But when the pedal felt OK i decided to go for a testdrive anyway.. Its better than before, it can hold the car when im droping the clutch and giving throttle. (couldnt with the original.) But when i brake hard it goes to the right and the pedal hits the floor, the right front is the one ive bleed the most, so that could be why its pulling to the right, and if i spend the same time all around it might whould be good..
Any other tips on how i can bleed the brakes otherwise?
Some pictures to:

//Alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Wed May 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Welcome back, usual way to bleed brakes is to start at the point furthest away from the master cylinder. Can take longer than you think. Check all wheel cylinders are not leaking and sucking air back in. Also check all pipe joints, pipes for leaks no matter how small, even a pin hole will suck air back in.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Al3x » Wed May 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Thanks!
Yes, i know the "basics" of bleeding. In a month i am a fully educated var mechanic.. :) so i starter om right rear, since the mastercylinder is om left thats the ons furthest. I will double check for leaks tomorrow and keep bleeding.. :)

//alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Al3x » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Well, there isnt going fast here.. But now the brakes are pretty much done! Just some little bit of bleeding left, now they feel alot better than before.. Tomorrow i will finish the bleeding and put the battery in again, so i can take a testdrive ;) i have also collected some slick tyres, grip wont be a problem i hope! :)
new fuelpump! Bosch 044 copy :lol:
Last week i took the white one to a meeting with some nice cars, to bad i where the only one in a vauxhall! ;)
//Alex
Al3x
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby HASTANDARD » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Had a read of your build glad you posted it on here, wish I found it earlier since there are no pics that I can see.
Cool little cars starting to get a bit of a soft spot for them :)
HASTANDARD
SL Viva
SL Viva

PreviousNext

Return to Restoration