HB PPP 328H

Have you spotted a Viva on the internet?

HB PPP 328H

Postby Johnboy HB » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:23 am

Spotted on Facebook
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: HB PPP 328H

Postby BobbyMel » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:02 pm

Canny whip aerial....have somebody's eye out with that
HB 368

1970 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....114 BOB
1969 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....BDH819G
1968 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....BOB 33E
1968 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....NHA 764F
1987 - Austin Montego 1.6L....E375 JRV
1995 - Rover 216 Coupe....N622 VOA
BobbyMel
Top Viva Spotter

Postby Bobby Dale » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:33 pm

Used to have one of those whip Airial's on a 1961 Triumph 2000 i once bought and it took a police officer's hat off once when i got pulled over on a general inspection ploy it was attached to the end of the front off side wing (go figure) and clipped onto the roof guttering behind the rear door so you can guess the length of it and the tension it was under .
While officer A was asking me questions about insurance MOT etc his crew mate Officer B was fiddling with the whip making a broad statement about how dangerous they could be and that i could take some ones eye out and you have already come to the same conclusion i did at the time before i could warn him about not pulling on the airial it became un-clipped and whooshed past officer A caught under his peaked hat and threw it across the road into the path of a topless double decker bus and in one of those slow motion moments we all thought it was going to land on the floor and get squashed but no i a strange twist of fate a slight breeze helped it stay air born long enough to land on the top deck of the bus and the local school kids on the bus were all shouting laughing and waving the hat it at the officers as the bus sped off down the main street.
At this they jumped into there Panda car and took off in pursuit , i quietly drove off and sold the car to a mate the next week it was a pale sea Green car and my friend said the police kept pulling him over i said it must be the colour as greens unlucky ? i never told him why they were probably so interested in it Opp's Lol
Bobby
Bobby Dale
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Johnboy HB » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:26 pm

Pic was probably late 70's, early 80's. Remember the whip Ariel's and the windscreen wiper ' aerofoils' from that time
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Spotted a Viva on the internet?