talk talk problems

:help3: an area for website help and use guides

talk talk problems

Postby hbr341 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:07 pm

ive had major problems getting onto viva oc web site after lots of phone calls to them they seem to have
sorted it out fingers crossed glad to be back.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: talk talk problems

Postby pbottomley » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Welcome back Chris.... yes Talk Talk need a rod up their ......... :angrywife:

Its taken too long but glad to see you can finally post !!! :D
pbottomley

Postby Mike Robinson » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Up to about two weeks ago I had also been unable to connect to http://www.vauxhallviva.com for about 2 months, maybe longer. No other web sites was affected. I tried using both Internet Explorer (message DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found) and Firefox (message Firefox can't find the server at http://www.vauxhallviva.com) ,and following the suggested procedures like clearing caches, deleting the “www.vauxhallviva.com” cookie and disabling the firewall without effect. Eventually my friendly neighbourhood guru (thanks Bill) sorted out the problem – by finding a posting on a TalkTalk forum, from HB Peter, who had the same problem in May of this year, which was fixed by changing from a TalkTalk DNS address to an “open” DNS address. Bill made a similar change for me and - problem solved.

My thanks to HBPeter

Later I find that that TalkTalk seem to have only two pairs of DNS addresses so it could be a wider problem.

Mike
Mike Robinson
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:36 pm

Mike,

trust me my phone has been red hot from users asking if the club was closed down , the site broken all sorts of things... TalkTalk frankly need a rod up their .... :angrywife: :angrywife:

Anyways welcome back and hopefully as your using open DNS (Google DNS also useful) it shall not happen again. :welcome:
pbottomley

Postby chris » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Best thing I ever did in my whole life was ditch TalkTalk - if they put as much effort into their systems and customer care as they do advertising they might do better.
Oh and even after settling a final account that quite frankly stuck in my throat, they still pursued me via balifs on several occassions for money I didn't owe them... I had to get copy cheques from my bank etc. to prevent the nice debt collecting people from taking my telly away !! Don't get me started !!! :evil:
chris
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:27 pm

I think you just started yourself Chris LOL
pbottomley

Postby hbpeter » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Funny this thread has come up again. For the last 2 weeks my internet connection has been *Bleep*, on and off several times a day. Guess who I'm with!!! Yes, Talktalk!!. :boxing: :voodoo:

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Website Discussion