Email Digests

:help3: an area for website help and use guides

Email Digests

Postby pbottomley » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:14 pm

Yes i have been listening to what people have said, I have installed and am tsting a email digets system. It will wrap all the messages over a 24 hour period (or a week) and email them to you as a single long email. If you use Yahoo daily digests then this is similar. Its not 100% working yet, but i will let you all know when its up and running.......

:P

Working for the common good

:D :D
Last edited by pbottomley on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
pbottomley

Email Digests now availble.

Postby pbottomley » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:26 pm

I am pleased to announce that email digests are now available, this now completes the list of modifications to this forum, that were the stumbling blocks expressed by the users of the yahoo forum.

This forum can now be accessed via : Forum Subscriptions, Digests, RSS feeds and online at the forum itself.

The digests, individual emails and RSS are all accessible at the top of every page! It is up to you to decide what you want to use all or none.

:D

What's a digest? well it wraps up all the emails into one large email, saves you downloading lots of emails. Ideal if you are on a dial up!

What's RSS? its a format that enables you to VERY quickly read the titles of each and every post, becoming very popular but you will require additional software on your PC, try googleing! :)

Paul Bottomley
pbottomley

Email Digests

Postby kellyharding » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:03 pm

>
> What's a digest? well it wraps up all the emails into one large email, saves you downloading lots of emails. Ideal if you are on a dial up!
>
> What's RSS? its a format that enables you to VERY quickly read the titles of each and every post, becoming very popular but you will require additional software on your PC, try googleing! :)
>
RSS can be used within programs such as Thunderbird :)

RSS I'd of thought would be ideal for dial up, as the actual pages are
only downloaded when you select a given topic.

Waits for Kitchen Sink mod ;)

Kelly

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
kellyharding

Return to Website Discussion