For sale

:help3: an area for website help and use guides

For sale

Postby northernutter Backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:20 pm

Should members be able to sell on this site?

Me i am all for it, but what do you think?
northernutter Backup

Postby paulbottomley37 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:20 pm

Are we on about Cars for sale and or Parts for sale and or both?

Personllay I dont mind at all... Question realy is club policy?

Only thing I know is "Cars for sale" Is free for members but charged for by the club for non members.

I Know how I can take payments for this and how to keep the books nice and square (should the club still wish to charge a fee?) If I was to apply the same rates we would be nearly the same cost as eBay, and they have a much wider audiance!! so are we just shooting ourselves in the foot?

We could still keep the present system of a closed in house "cars for sale" Limiting it to members selling to members, that way no money needs to change hands, but it limits it to Members who are on the forum and that is everyone, and those members might not want Another one!!! (shoots foot again)

Anyways less of the twists and turns, I have already introduced a "cars for sale" area for Club Members only. It will show in the forum when you log in, and only if I have placed the correct rights upon your membership profile.

Ideally if the club said free to all, no hassle, bye and sell away left right and centre.
paulbottomley37

Postby northernutter Backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:20 pm

Yes i have seen the cars for sale, i mean members members parts.
As for none members why not say £5 to sell your car which is cheaper than Ebay.
Cars that are for free can go on free.
Parts why not say £2.50.
All thay will do is put the £2.50 on the parts and then who is paying for there adds? we are!
Why does the club have to make mony?

Anyone should be able to sell on here for free.
Nobody will join the club just to sell there car or parts.
Look at the club mag how many none members sell? not many.
Thay sell on Ebay, do you think thay would still sell on Ebay if thay could sell on here for free?
Members or none members are we not all into vivas for the same reason?
Why are thay not club members anyway? i do not beleave it is the £21 membership fee! Thay will have there reasons, why not find out there reasons and put things wright.
I YOU HAVE A REASON DO NOT POST IT ON THIS FORUM FOR EVERYONE TO SEE YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECT.
northernutter Backup

Postby Deon backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:21 pm

Good points Deon.

Does the club need to make money (NO!) it only needs to survive

~~~~ rest private to you~~~~~~~~~~
Deon backup

Return to Website Discussion