Mass Cull

:help3: an area for website help and use guides

Mass Cull

Postby pbottomley » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:45 am

IN preparation for a move to the latest version of this forum software (essential for security) I have done a mass cull of what appear to be dead accounts, I have deactivated nearly 300 accounts on this forum that have never posted and or not posted in the last 2 years (e.g. since June 2007)

Don't worry if you have only just joined and not posted the new accounts (post November 2008) have not been affected.

The second and sad bit of news is that the forum subscription software (the bit that sends you emails including the message) is going to have to go off line for the foreseeable future again due to SPAM. someone seems to find it funny to spam this forum. Now you don't see the spam because I set up filter to stop you seeing them, but just in case one of those messages is real I collect them all into a spam account and check them. Its become too long winded and frankly as so little of you use this feature its not worth maintaining any more.

Nothing is going to change today tomorrow or next week so don't panic, But in time the new forum will be up and running with all the nice messages here pushed across and all the user-names etc. it should be seamless and you shouldn't see any break in service (cross fingers).

If you are so outraged that I should want to update thing and improve the forum then feel free to post a message here.
pbottomley

Postby Clara » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:42 am

thanks for the continued hard work.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:51 pm

I'm totally outraged!!!!! :o

Only kidding, keep up the good work Paul.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to Website Discussion