Firenza SL V8 3500 cc "The Red Baron"

Cars offered here are from private individuals.

items for AUCTION should not be posted here, please use the appropriate thread for such items, all auction threads posted here will be deleted.

Please follow the positing guidelines as shown the first announcemnet post
Forum rules
Please follow the guidelines below, remember to be as detailed as you can in the descriptions.

Thread title

The seller should include the following information in the title of the thread:

Car Model - Price - Location

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, £500, Bedford

The first post

You should include the following:

Model:
Year:
Mileage:
Tax:
MOT:
Pics:
Contact details:

Failure may result in deleted posts

Firenza SL V8 3500 cc "The Red Baron"

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:01 pm

For those who don’t know this is my red Firenza SL V8 3500 cc . It started life as a Firenza 2000cc SL in Tasmin Orange and was registered April 1972.
According to the V5C I am the 5th owner.
Information from the person that restored and modified the car indicates that it had been rescues from a scrapyard in Newcastle having been taken there by the new owner of a house in Gateshead who found it in a locked garage – been there for 20 years – it had only done 22k miles but was in a poor state having been lifted on a forklift smashing window glass and damaging the roof.
Restoration took place around the Millenium to a very high standard and modification included for receipt of the Rover 3500cc engine and 5 speed gearbox.
In 2007 it found its way to a new owner in Cornwall and I purchased it from him in 2009 and drove it back to Shropshire.
The interior needed attention and the previous owner had made a start adding black carpet with red piping trim. I found the seats not to my taste so I bought some Manta Recaro seats and had them recovered with black edging and Tartan centres. There were no door cards so I fitted Magnum cards and pull handles. The speedometer was replaced with and electronic equivalent sensing off the propshaft. A Droopsnoot steering wheel was added the provide a more comfortable driving experience. I have also changed the rear lowered springs back to standard as I found the lowered springs bottomed out at the slightest roughness of road surface. Avon Safety wheels have been replaced with Superlites fitted with 205 x 60 x 13.
The time has come for the Baron to move on so I have decided to ask for sealed bids. I will be looking for offers in excess of £10k. SEALED BIDS SHOULD BE SENT BY POST TO 2 Bracken Way Newport TF10 7RL or A WhatsApp MESSAGE TO 07757276985
For those seriously interested please ask for more photos or come and view.
Winning bid will be selected 4th November 2023 Please not that, for those that have seen my advert in the Revival Magazine the winning bid selection date has been moved from 14th Oct to allow more time for viewing if required
More pics can be seen on our facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/171911909814333
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to Cars for sale (Private individuals)