Droop Snoot for sale

Cars offered here are from private individuals.

items for AUCTION should not be posted here, please use the appropriate thread for such items, all auction threads posted here will be deleted.

Please follow the positing guidelines as shown the first announcemnet post
Forum rules
Please follow the guidelines below, remember to be as detailed as you can in the descriptions.

Thread title

The seller should include the following information in the title of the thread:

Car Model - Price - Location

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, £500, Bedford

The first post

You should include the following:

Model:
Year:
Mileage:
Tax:
MOT:
Pics:
Contact details:

Failure may result in deleted posts

Droop Snoot for sale

Postby ken707 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:05 pm

I'm putting my Firenza on the market as I'm restoring a Thruxton car and it's difficult to justify two of them.

I bought the car around 1994/5 and restored it to concours standard. I well remember the cost of the respray which involved very little welding, £3000! It was finished in for the Thruxton anniversary in May 1999 where it won the award for the best car. It has deteriorated very little in the intervening years.

I have done nothing to the car apart from routine servicing and it is still totally rust free above and below. Suspension, springs running gear,etc still like new. Under the bonnet, bootlid, and interior all excellent. Price is £13000, it's not a new car but in my opinion is easily one of the best of its type to come on the market in recent years.

I can send photos but nothing beats a visual inspection. I live in Northern Ireland and plans are to attend the 40th Anniversary at Luton May 17/18. I will probably be in Glasgow this Saturday and staying in the West Midlands for a few days in between. I'm in no hurry to sell but thought this would be an opportunity for anyone interested to see the car. It's been at Billing several times and is well known to the DSG

Pm me for further info or for telephone number to discuss.

Ken
ken707
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Droop Snoot for sale

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon May 05, 2014 8:48 pm

This is not the one in CCW for 5 short of £12k then :?: - think that was in south Yorkshire
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby ken707 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:54 pm

No, different car, the one in Yorkshire has a vinyl roof I think.

There's also one in North Scotland advertised for £11k, it was quite a good car last time I saw it at Billing and with a very nice original interior.

Mine also has a Lotus box which has a higher than usual 5th gear. I'm hoping to cruise down the M6/ M1 and get over 35mpg
ken707
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby box of bits » Wed May 07, 2014 7:24 am

wish my 2300 would get that kind of mpg :roll:
box of bits
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby ken707 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:38 am

box of bits wrote:wish my 2300 would get that kind of mpg :roll:

Unfortunately I'm of an age where I prefer MPG to MPH.

My target is actually 38. To get that figure will mean gentle acceleration and probably 300 motorway miles at mainly 60/65 mph. At the Luton event we're getting round the Millbrook test circuit so a few high speed blasts will ruin the average.
ken707
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Cars for sale (Private individuals)