Blue HC estate 1300 L on V plate

Cars offered here are from private individuals.

items for AUCTION should not be posted here, please use the appropriate thread for such items, all auction threads posted here will be deleted.

Please follow the positing guidelines as shown the first announcemnet post
Forum rules
Please follow the guidelines below, remember to be as detailed as you can in the descriptions.

Thread title

The seller should include the following information in the title of the thread:

Car Model - Price - Location

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, £500, Bedford

The first post

You should include the following:

Model:
Year:
Mileage:
Tax:
MOT:
Pics:
Contact details:

Failure may result in deleted posts

Blue HC estate 1300 L on V plate

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue May 13, 2014 11:24 pm

Just picked this up from deceased executor - bought it myself this time to slow things down and get it right after the problems with "the 2 door red saloon". Currently needs re-commisioning for MoT - should not take much - could be driven with hamerited wings but could be a rolling restoration? Drove it onto the trailor tonight and off at ShedFred :wink:
Anyone interested give me a ring 07757276985
Attachments
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Re: Blue HC estate 1300 L on V plate

Postby Paul Dawson » Wed May 14, 2014 7:35 am

Hmmm - our daughter is going for a job interview today, if she gets it she's going to have my current runabout off me, so I've been casting my eye around for a replacement.

The thing is, my Viva saloon won't fit my sailing kit into it, the sail bag is too long to fit in and for insurance reasons I can't leave the sail and foils on the hull. So I was just beginning to look about for an estate or a van....

Any welding needed on it do you think? I'd need something I could recommission pretty quickly to keep me rolling over the summer.

Finger crossed she gets this job is the first thing! I'm a nervous wreck today.
Paul Dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed May 14, 2014 9:12 am

Paul - it wont take much to get it re-commisioned and an MoT - not been on the road since 2006 but has been well protected during its lay-up in a heated attached garage. Something going on on the inner wings by the bonnet hinges but not sure how bad yet.Sounds ideal for your hobby :P
Why dont you come and have a look - not saturday as I am going to the Luton bash at vauxhall Heritage :roll:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Paul Dawson » Wed May 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Thanks Fred. I couldn't do Saturday either as I am working all weekend. :cry:

Our daughter has literally just walked in and she'd waiting to hear about the job, so first step is to hope she's got it.

Updated.....

Woe - they rang and said she'd interviewed brilliantly, but was pipped by someone with more experience. It's the age old problem, how do you get experience unless someone will give you a job in the first place?

She's working on another application and is waiting on one submitted earlier this week, so hopefully something will turn up for her.

I'm in the position of waiting for her to be in a position to have my current runabout before I can look at anything else. Since this is an estate I'm sure someone on here will give it a good home soon. If it's still available when she's got a job I'll sure come and take a look at it. I really thought she'd got this one - but that's life I suppose.
Paul Dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed May 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Its got those stupid Lochheed self adjusting brakes on the back - need a new set of shoes and the handbrake lever and auto linkages have been removed :shock: anybody got a set of levers and auto linkages. Thats what you cal sods law - I put a set in the post to someone who wanted a set only yesterday :imsmiling:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby fouronthefloor » Wed May 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Fred.....some idea of price might allow members to make a decision.

Oliver
fouronthefloor
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed May 14, 2014 10:03 pm

Not put a price on it cos work in progress - as is without MoT £1400 - will go up as I get round to recommissioning it.
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Now has 12month MoT - is on SORN but ready to go - still things to do but this is as far as I go - close offers on £1550. Paul D has your daughter got a job yet :roll:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Paul Dawson » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:38 pm

Funny you should say that Fred...I came back to this thread because as of last night she has a job. It's been a long haul with some 'interesting' appointment processes along the way. Internal candidates and all that kind of goings on. She deserves a break, she's worked 8 years for this and come out with the highest qualifications possible.

The good news is she has a job, the not so good news is that it's further away than she was hoping, so she may move or she may buy a newer, bigger car than my current runabout. When she comes down to earth I'll approach the subject with her.

I have pennies in the bank, it's space on the drive that's the issue. We live in the city centre so on road parking isn't possible. We can only have as many cars as we can get on the drive.

Needless to say my current HC has first dibs on the garage, so that's spoken for.
Paul Dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby edgoose1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:21 pm

Are you bringing it to the national Fred ?
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Next

Return to Cars for sale (Private individuals)