Reluctant and sad sale of 1965 Viva Ha 10 mnths MOT

Cars offered here are from private individuals.

items for AUCTION should not be posted here, please use the appropriate thread for such items, all auction threads posted here will be deleted.

Please follow the positing guidelines as shown the first announcemnet post
Forum rules
Please follow the guidelines below, remember to be as detailed as you can in the descriptions.

Thread title

The seller should include the following information in the title of the thread:

Car Model - Price - Location

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, £500, Bedford

The first post

You should include the following:

Model:
Year:
Mileage:
Tax:
MOT:
Pics:
Contact details:

Failure may result in deleted posts

Reluctant and sad sale of 1965 Viva Ha 10 mnths MOT

Postby spaceman41 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:14 am

Model:Vauxhall Viva Ha
Year:1965
Mileage:11,500 (more than likely to have been round the clock!! )
Tax:Free
MOT:June 30th 2017
Price £1800 ono

Reluctant sale but I have no choice but to sell since my daily driver has broken down and I have storage issues now as well to add to frustration.Its a bit of a rat look and could do with a restoration but the added bonus of MOT till next June makes it a rolling restoration.If you need more pics I can use whattsapp to send them over to you as Im not always near a Computer due to the nature of my work and my phone is terrible for linking to emails etc.
These are getting rare now and ive enjoyed driving it lots!!!.Its old school driving though!!!.it does have a brakes servo but its not fitted and a friend has rethreaded the connections,just needs fitting.It works fine on the originals but could do with a bleeding of the system.Ive recently used this car for last week as my daily driver to and from work a distance of 38 miles round trip.she pulls well the engine was rebuilt some time ago I think 30,000 miles ago but I have lots of history including old MOT sheets etc and receipts for just about everything done!.Again any questions feel free to ask :).Im not here to hide or misguide anyone and will be honest about everything.The panels and roof are lovely and straight there is some surface rust here and there and its a horrible paint job in Matt black but some like the patina!!.it has Epoxy resin with iron filings made to look like rust!! why the hell !!!?.I didnt do this I bought it with intention to restore but now have no storage space and need to find a modern daily driver.A chance to buy a rare car.My mobile number is 07476202921 ask for John,many thanks
Attachments
spaceman41
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Reluctant and sad sale of 1965 Viva Ha 10 mnths MOT

Postby spaceman41 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:25 am

Okay maybe I got the price a bit high there!!! Open to offers ,please send some feedback here ,many thanks,Spaceman41
spaceman41
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby spaceman41 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Happy days !!:)I now have storage and another daily driver so keeping Dydy !!:).I can now get on with much needed jobs on Dydy and have comfort for driving to work and back.I must say though Dydy had done remarkably well in climbing the steep hill I have on the way back home every night !!!natural hill climbers these Ha's
spaceman41
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Kraken » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:16 pm

My girlfriend was tempted when she saw this on Ebay!

Good to hear you can hold on, good luck with the resto :D
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby spaceman41 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Kraken wrote:My girlfriend was tempted when she saw this on Ebay!

Good to hear you can hold on, good luck with the resto :D

Cheers Matey :) in retrospect It needs more work than I thought but mainly engine mounts etc
spaceman41
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Cars for sale (Private individuals)