Dormobile Roma Mk1 1968 on Bedford HA, £1,000, Scotland

Cars offered here are from private individuals.

items for AUCTION should not be posted here, please use the appropriate thread for such items, all auction threads posted here will be deleted.

Please follow the positing guidelines as shown the first announcemnet post
Forum rules
Please follow the guidelines below, remember to be as detailed as you can in the descriptions.

Thread title

The seller should include the following information in the title of the thread:

Car Model - Price - Location

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, £500, Bedford

The first post

You should include the following:

Model:
Year:
Mileage:
Tax:
MOT:
Pics:
Contact details:

Failure may result in deleted posts

Dormobile Roma Mk1 1968 on Bedford HA, £1,000, Scotland

Postby Dormobile Roma » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:32 pm

This is an advance notice of sale as the Roma won't be available for sale until after it MOT on 24th April. I am giving club members an opportunity to express an interest first. If a sale has not been agreed by the time it has been MOTd I will put it on eBay. If you are interested PM me.

Time has come for me to part with my Dormobile Roma campervan. This is based on the Bedford HA Van converted by Marten Walter in 1968. It is therefore the Mk1 version with the top hinged tailgate. My Uncle George bought it new in May 1968 and used it until his death in 1992. It then passed to me and I used it for a couple of years. However at that time I had no garage and it was deteriorating in the salt air. I sold it and it then was taken off the road in 1996. It passed through a couple of owners before I bought it back in 2014. It had had some bodywork done including a new front cross member but had not been on the road for 17 years! I got it through its MOT in May 2014 and it has been on the road ever since attending local shows and classic car runs as well as general use, it is a very handy little van! Over the years some of the original Dormobile interior has been lost so restoring it to original would not be easy, unless you have the parts. The roof is intact and elevates correctly. The canvas is there, though much repaired. It is the 'de-lux' version so has the 3rd bed, a canvas hammock, in the roof – though the canvas needs replacing as it has shrunk.

I have put in a rear seat, made the passenger seat adjustable and swivelling. The drivers seat has an inertia reel seat belt. There is a leisure battery with split charging and also mains electrics with hook-up and battery charging.

The radiator has been re-cored and fitted with a thermostatic switch so the engine cooling fan has been replaced with an automatic electric fan in front of the radiator. The dynamo has been replaced with and alternator of the type that looks like an old dynamo.

This year I have converted the Roma to front disc brakes with servo (as fitted to the SL90 models) so it now has modern stopping power. I changed the carburettor to the later Stromberg CDS model which improves the performance and allows the vacuum brake servo to be connected. The original carburettor and manifold come with it as do a number of other spares. There is paperwork with the Roma including all the old tax discs.

I have repainted the car by hand in the correct colour and though it looks good from 20 feet there are runs in it so it probably needs re doing by someone who can spray paint - I can't - I've tried. It is because of this, the lack of the interior parts and my remote location in Scotland for getting parts I have decided, reluctantly, that someone else needs to complete the work on the vehicle. I shall be sorry to see it go.

The reason I am not selling until after it has been MOTd is because I want the new brakes to be tested before a new owner takes on the Roma.

Model: Dormobile Roma Mk1
Year: May 1968
Mileage: 88,804 - though this will increase with use
Tax: Yes
MOT: to 24/5/17. New MOT to be obtained before sale which will run out on 24/5/ 2018 – or price reduced if it fails.
Pics: 3 pictures before it was repainted other pictures can be supplied since the repaint when (if) the weather improves.

Location: Scotland but can deliver, at cost; or of course collection from the Isle of Lewis is always possible.
Price:£1,500 plus delivery if required.
Contact details: PM me.
Last edited by Dormobile Roma on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dormobile Roma
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Dormobile Roma Mk1 1968 on Bedford HA, £1,500, Scotland

Postby pbottomley » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:22 pm

That would make a great road trip home....

Alas not on my radar as a want but i know it will go very quickly at that price to the Durham area?
pbottomley

Postby bedfordbad » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:50 pm

Not for me this one Paul. Although not a bad price I like things left original...... shame as I have some spare interior bits for it... :thanx:
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Dormobile Roma » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:07 am

New Pictures - it was sunny yesterday.
Dormobile Roma
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Dormobile Roma » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:09 am

& Some more
Dormobile Roma
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Dormobile Roma » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:11 am

& yet more
Dormobile Roma
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Dormobile Roma » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:12 am

With roof up
Dormobile Roma
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Dormobile Roma » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:14 am

Some interior pictures
Dormobile Roma
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Dormobile Roma Mk1 1968 on Bedford HA, £1,000, Scotland

Postby Dormobile Roma » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm

The Roma passed its MOT today with no advisories.

It will appear on eBay late tonight at a starting price of £1,000 for 7 days. Anyone interested in making an offer over the current eBay price can also contact me by a PM.
Last edited by Dormobile Roma on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dormobile Roma
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:26 pm

Good luck with the sale

i nearly came to look and got to within about 30 miles of you a few weeks back, alas the swim might of worn me out.....
pbottomley

Return to Cars for sale (Private individuals)