'65 Viva HA Deluxe, £1000ish, Hull

Cars offered here are from private individuals.

items for AUCTION should not be posted here, please use the appropriate thread for such items, all auction threads posted here will be deleted.

Please follow the positing guidelines as shown the first announcemnet post
Forum rules
Please follow the guidelines below, remember to be as detailed as you can in the descriptions.

Thread title

The seller should include the following information in the title of the thread:

Car Model - Price - Location

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, £500, Bedford

The first post

You should include the following:

Model:
Year:
Mileage:
Tax:
MOT:
Pics:
Contact details:

Failure may result in deleted posts

'65 Viva HA Deluxe, £1000ish, Hull

Postby AndyVivaHA » Sun May 07, 2017 1:06 pm

After several years of life getting in the way of trying to finish my 1965 Viva HA Deluxe project, i've made the sad decision to move the car on to someone who has the time and inclination to finish it up before standing around years renders it junk. I have several other projects on the go and rather than eBay (or the like) list the vehicle I would prefer if a club member bought it (or knew a good home for it) so it doesn't get broken for spares or tyre kicked as I believe it's too good for that.
The car has been stored in my carport so is dry and sheltered, if a little dusty. Has just under 97k on the clock, not sure if it's been round already or not!
Vehicle is located in Hull.

Price wise, i'm not totally sure of its value. I probably have around £1800 in the vehicle, but am well aware I won't get that! Anything around the £1k mark seems fair going by what i've seen sell recently in similar conditions. I'm very open to offers within reason.

The good:
Bodywork is generally ok. There are a few scabs and dull paint, but it doesn't need a total strip out. It had some welding done to the floors and such not so long ago.
Glasswork all in good shape.
Interior is fairly tidy, though has some age related marks.
Engine runs well and doesn't leak more than the usual misting around the lower end (sump etc).
Car will drive fine (clutch works etc), but has no brakes other than the handbrake.
All complete and together, no boxes of bits and lost parts (though front brakes are stripped and bagged).
Some spares with the car (parts to rebuild front brakes and a couple of small extras).
All electrical systems working and charging system recently rebrushed and tidied.

The bad:
Obviously no MOT, can't be driven away!
Tyres are ancient and will need a new set all round.
Brakes are gone, master is siezed and wheel cylinders are all equally dead (though it comes with parts to rebuild a lot of this)
Welding required to the rear end, chassis leg around the drivers rear spring hanger and the arch area on same side, possibly more, I haven't poked every inch of the car.
2nd gear on the box can be crunchy when warm, only when downshifting though.
The seals and rubbers around windows are all quite old and a bit tatty.
Exhaust system has a lot of surface rust but doesn't seem to be blowing, the rear hanger has split though.
Interior carpets are tatty, especially the drivers footwell. Sill 'mats' are not stuck on, but are included.
Some splits on the drivers seat.
The bracket that holds the heater valve has come away from the body of the valve. Someone in the past has 'bird poo' welded it and this has come away. Easy fix for someone with real welding skills!
Vehicle does leak rain water slightly (ends up in the driver footwell mostly, hence the carpet rot I suspect) but is fine under a carport or garage and can weather a shower or 2, but not park outside long term.

Due to where it's parked I can't get certain pictures easily, but a viewing is welcomed (and recommended) for any interested parties and it can be seen running.
Anyone interested can PM me here on the board and further pictures/contact details can be provided.
AndyVivaHA
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: '65 Viva HA Deluxe, £1000ish, Hull

Postby AndyVivaHA » Sun May 21, 2017 2:17 pm

This car is now on eBay for anyone interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/172687117075
AndyVivaHA
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Cars for sale (Private individuals)