Viva HC 1974 24433 genuine miles. £3500 Oxford - SOLD

Cars offered here are from private individuals.

items for AUCTION should not be posted here, please use the appropriate thread for such items, all auction threads posted here will be deleted.

Please follow the positing guidelines as shown the first announcemnet post
Forum rules
Please follow the guidelines below, remember to be as detailed as you can in the descriptions.

Thread title

The seller should include the following information in the title of the thread:

Car Model - Price - Location

E.G. Viva HA Deluxe, £500, Bedford

The first post

You should include the following:

Model:
Year:
Mileage:
Tax:
MOT:
Pics:
Contact details:

Failure may result in deleted posts

Viva HC 1974 24433 genuine miles. £3500 Oxford - SOLD

Postby andysilvester » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:55 pm

*NOW SOLD*

Selling my 85 - year old Uncle's car which has been owned by him since 1975, garaged in a dry underground facility and regularly serviced. As a professional Engineer, he spent many years abroad when the car was stored properly. In the last few years in retirement he used it only for periodic shopping trips (once per 3 weeks, 2-3 mile round-trip) plus annual MOTs, so covered only some 40 miles every year.
The car's bodywork's very clean, with no appreciable rust, just the odd few spots where he's applied either primer and/or a black bituminous paint which doesn't look great, but has arrested the rust! Unfortunately he dented the nearside door on a steel column in his garage, pushed-out the dent but it clearly needs a professional repair to be perfect. Apart from that, the bodywork and paint is in remarkable condition, and has cleaned-up nicely. The interior is equally good, as expected from the mileage and a single, non-smoking careful owner. I'd be surprised if the back seat has ever been sat-on.
Mechanically it's clean and tidy with good fuel and oil consumption. It starts, sounds and pulls well, and is obviously well-adjusted. There's no evidence of water emulsion in the oil. My Uncle always used Redex upper cylinder lubricant in the petrol (some included with sale!). I've driven the car from his home in outer London to Oxford and it runs very well. All instrumentation and controls are working. A tow bar was fitted when he bought it and he used it to pull a Mirror sailing dinghy a few times, many years ago.
Includes standard original tools, jack, spare wheel, etc., plus a full set of Vauxhall Service Training manuals and supplements, plus a Haynes and Autobooks manual. Original bill of sale documents show he bought it in October 1975 with 1 previous owner, so my Uncle has owned it for 43 years.

Andy Silvester
Attachments
Last edited by andysilvester on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
andysilvester
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Viva HC 1974 24433 genuine miles. £3500 Oxford

Postby Kraken » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:02 am

Nice looking car.

You could upload the pictures to an image hosting site like Photobucket and then post the link here.
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby andysilvester » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:27 am

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Cheers, Andy

EDIT: More pictures to see on link now added in main advert above.

Cheers, Andy
andysilvester
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby andysilvester » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Price now reduced to £2,995 ovno.
andysilvester
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Would have thought there would be some interest at a smidge under £3k :roll:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby edgoose1 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:23 pm

Nice car. But its the time of year nothing sells . Give it a couple of months till spring )
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: Viva HC 1974 24433 genuine miles. £2995 Oxford

Postby andysilvester » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:05 pm

edgoose1 wrote:Nice car. But its the time of year nothing sells . Give it a couple of months till spring )

Agreed! I'm in no rush and am hoping for an enthusiast to buy who will continue to care for the car as it has been by my Uncle. Clearly, money is money but I'd be disappointed to sell to someone who would swap the engine for bigger and put flash wheels on, but that's just me..... :lol:
andysilvester
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Viva HC 1974 24433 genuine miles. £2995 Oxford

Postby andysilvester » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:26 pm

To be completely transparent, the car's now done 24445 miles (+12) after a test drive by a very nice chap who wanted the car but offered a figure I couldn't accept.

I admit I feel a bit hurt today by comments from someone (thankfully fairly local) who viewed the car and complained I hadn't described the nearside door skin dent in the ad! I've really tried to honestly describe the car in the advert and the extra pictures in the other commercial listing (see link in original post) clearly show the door.

If others here think I could do a better job of the description please let me know - I'm happy to provide whatever info. is requested.

Cheers, Andy
andysilvester
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:53 pm

Don't beat yourself up Andy there is always one :roll: - if they are realistic they have to expect things that are not obvious in the pics/description.
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby andysilvester » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:Don't beat yourself up Andy there is always one :roll: - if they are realistic they have to expect things that are not obvious in the pics/description.

Thanks, Fred, comments appreciated!

Andy
andysilvester
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Next

Return to Cars for sale (Private individuals)