Rear screen rubber, HB

Adverts in this section of the forum are offered to all guests of the club and paid up members of the club. The parts offered are not the property of the Viva Owners Club club (this may include committee members selling their own private property).

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first Announcement post.

Rear screen rubber, HB

Postby ken707 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:33 pm

I have a rear screen rubber which was supposed to be for my HC Coupe.

It was badly stored and I brought it out to put round my rear window but it's too small.

It looks the same so it isn't for the saloon. Estate? I would have thought the window would possibly be larger?

HB Viva? I've no idea what it looks like, can anyone advise or measure their car. It will be for sale once identified, I actually need a new front screen rubber.

Base width is approx 48 inches, height approx 18/19, difficult to measure.
I have it up against a heater to try and soften and straighten it out. The rubber is reasonably flexible, bottom corners (usually the problem areas) are excellent, slight dozing on the top corners. I'm nearly certain it has never been fitted but it must have been been lying for years all tangled up. I can send photos in due course when its a bit straighter.

Ken
Last edited by ken707 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:26 am, edited 8 times in total.
ken707
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Rear screen rubber, possibly HB

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Sounds to me like you have an HC saloon rubber they are similar to the coupe one but smaller in depth (roof to boot lid)
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby ken707 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:Sounds to me like you have an HC saloon rubber they are similar to the coupe one but smaller in depth (roof to boot lid)

No it's not HC saloon, I have a saloon window but it has, for want of a better description, sharp corners on all ends, whereas the coupe is rounded at the top corners, the HB appears similar to the HC Coupe from the images I've seen but I can't be sure.
ken707
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:29 pm

Yeah you could be right - I have got an HC saloon in the shed along with an HB - I will have a look when i am next up there - only got Firenza and estate in garage :roll:
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby ken707 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:26 am

I'd appreciate if an HB owner could measure their rear screen, say to the centre of the chrome strip.

The top corners are rounded and difficult to measure accurately. I reckon mine is 47 inches wide at the bottom, approx 19 inches high at the side.

I can't think of another car this rubber would fit, certainly not HC and would be too small for the Victor range probably.

Ken
ken707
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:44 am

Yeah I did have a look at the HB rear screen and your right - rounded at the top and corner pieces at the bottom - will try and get some measurements today but what you said sound familiar to measurments I took on rear screens when I was sorting an HA screen out from a pile of glass which had HB in it.
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:17 pm

Yeah - been to the shed today and measured the rear screen on the HB and get near as damn it same measurements so I think you could say it is HB rear screen rubber.
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Re: Rear screen rubber, HB

Postby ken707 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks for your help, must get photos to sell it.

Ken
ken707
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Graeme » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:49 am

Price?
Graeme
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby ken707 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:46 pm

I hadn't given price too much thought yet, I reckon it's very rare; £45 plus postage?

It's, unused, a little 'frilly' on the edges of top corners, perfect on the bottom.

Anyone interested, pm your email address and I'll send photos.
ken707
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Parts for sale from private individuals (not club parts)