Magnum 1800 (3.73:1 cwp) Axle for Sale

Adverts in this section of the forum are offered to all guests of the club and paid up members of the club. The parts offered are not the property of the Viva Owners Club club (this may include committee members selling their own private property).

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first Announcement post.

Magnum 1800 (3.73:1 cwp) Axle for Sale

Postby NigelK » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:41 pm

Dear Forum Users

I have a Magnum 1800 axle (3.73:1 cwp) for sale. It came out of a Jensen-Healey which was being scrapped. It has Lockheed drum brakes fitted. This is what I've done to the axle since I bought it:

1. Stripped the old paint off the axle, backing plates and brake drums to bare metal and repainted with POR15 (high temperature variety on the drums)
2. Replaced the pinion oil seal
3. Replaced the diff plate, oil filler plug, and wheel cylinder gaskets
4. Made and fitted new gaskets for the hub retainer plates
5. Installed new wheel cylinders
6. Refurbished the drum brake self-adjuster mechanisms (which now actually work)
7. Installed relined brake shoes
8. Installed new metalastic rear upper trailing arm bushings
9. Flushed the diff casing with petrol and refilled with Castrol Classic EP90 diff oil
10. Fitted new rubber handbrake lever boots and self-adjuster access hole plugs

I have not replaced any of the bearings, but when I had the axle apart they were all smooth with no roughness. Here are some pictures.

Note you can now get an LSD for these axles (http://corbymotorsport.com/jensen-heale ... ff-p-11279). No need to search for that elusive 052 axle anymore!

I am seeking offers in the order of £250. The axle can be inspected in Chippenham Wiltshire. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Best wishes,
Nigel
NigelK
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Magnum 1800 (3.73:1 cwp) Axle for Sale

Postby NigelK » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:57 pm

Now sold...
NigelK
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Parts for sale from private individuals (not club parts)