5 Unused 13" Dunlop tyres for sale

Adverts in this section of the forum are offered to all guests of the club and paid up members of the club. The parts offered are not the property of the Viva Owners Club club (this may include committee members selling their own private property).

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first Announcement post.

5 Unused 13" Dunlop tyres for sale

Postby OUL 735 L » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Hello all

Have got 5 DunlopTyres for sale. size 155/80 R13

They have been lying around for a while and are very dusty, Gave them a bit of a wash yesterday, (Bits of Water in tyres)

From the pics you can see they still have their coloured lines around the outside,

The price is £90 for the 5 tyres which I think is a bargain considering what they cost new. also bearing in mind it will cost for petrol for you to pick them up.

The Tyres are in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear

If you decide you wish to purchase the tyres My only request is they are collected within 2 weeks.

also if the buyer is interested I have 5 13inch steel wheels for a extra £40, they have been blasted but not protected and the rust has started to reappear, (Will require a quick blast to get rid of the rust) I also have 4 trim rings and hubcaps somewhere which I will throw in foran extra £10

Thanks Ian
Attachments
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: 5 Unused 13" Dunlop tyres for sale

Postby rizzo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:57 pm

Just looking at the age code on the tyre (1905) it would suggest the tyre or tyres are indeed 11 years old, 19th week 05 the year, :shock: if they haven't been well looked after ie storage, you may well find some cracking after all this time. :?
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby OUL 735 L » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:59 pm

Hi

No Cracking on the tyres.

Ian
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby ken707 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:42 pm

Personally I don't worry too much about age, especially if the tyres are a good brand and have been well stored and cared for....ie not allowed to sit under inflated nor been exposed to the elements too much. I have found that cheap tyres tend to age and crack much more quickly.

I have Pirelli tyres on a 205 Gti which were on the car when I bought it 12 years ago. I also have a set of Goodyear G800 tyres on my Droopsnoot, great tyres in their day, dating back to the seventies/eighties.Neither car will be driven particularly hard though I wouldn't expect the same levels of grip as for new ones. Old tyres tend to harden to a certain extent. I have another Vauxhall on old Goodyears but they have certainly hardened and will definitely not be used (they date back to 1976 when the car was last taxed.)
ken707
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby OUL 735 L » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi

Thanks for your input, my HB Viva runs 13inch rostyles with MG metro tyres 185 55 13 (Camac) so they don't catch the arches,

I bought them from a club member at coventry spares day a few years ago, they were old then and I have had no bother with them.

personaly if I store tyres for a long time I put them in bin liners as my understanding is that it is the sunlight that deteriorated the rubber, correct me if I am wrong.

The tyres I have listed came with a car a recently purchased for spares and the tyres were with the car, locked up and in a dark environment
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Parts for sale from private individuals (not club parts)