wanted firenza panels

Adverts in this section of the forum are offered to all guests of the club and paid up members of the club. The parts offered are not the property of the Viva Owners Club club (this may include committee members selling their own private property).

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first Announcement post.

wanted firenza panels

Postby volvofirenza » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:48 pm

hey all im after the following panels if anyone can help
o/s outer sill
both inner sills
both front foot wells

thanks in advance
volvofirenza
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: wanted firenza panels

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Inner sills will be a problem, I don't think I've ever seen one of those for sale. You'll have to just make the bit that needs repairing unless you're very fortunate indeed. It's not a terrible shape, though, and it's usually just the bit below the floor level that goes, and that's basically flat with an angle along the bottom where it mates to the outer still.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Kraken » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:35 pm

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong here, but floor panels are the same as Holden Torano (LC?) and can be bought from Australia...
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby 1972nail » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Quite true, but they are expensive in Australia to begin with, then add carriage and import charges and all plus VAT.....hence we haven't seen a stock of them here. Both front floor pans and boot floors are available.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby volvofirenza » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:49 am

droopsnoot wrote:Inner sills will be a problem, I don't think I've ever seen one of those for sale. You'll have to just make the bit that needs repairing unless you're very fortunate indeed. It's not a terrible shape, though, and it's usually just the bit below the floor level that goes, and that's basically flat with an angle along the bottom where it mates to the outer still.

mine are really bad might have to just cut them out and weld in some flat plate

thank you tho
Kraken wrote:I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong here, but floor panels are the same as Holden Torano (LC?) and can be bought from Australia...

yer heard that before was hoping the find someone thats cutting up a shell lol

1972nail wrote:Quite true, but they are expensive in Australia to begin with, then add carriage and import charges and all plus VAT.....hence we haven't seen a stock of them here. Both front floor pans and boot floors are available.
always the way
volvofirenza
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Have you got any photos of the inner sills that are gone? As I recall, the only detail on them is a pressing along where the floor welds to it - the rest of it is basically flat with an angled flange on top and bottom.

Trouble with looking for a shell that's being cut up is that it will probably have gone in the "usual" areas - floorpans, arches, sills, inner wings and maybe more.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby volvofirenza » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:01 pm

ill have to get some pics. the annoying thing is i got offered a rear ended shell a couple of months back with good sills and floor. but i just didnt have the money or transport to collect it at the time and its now been crushed
volvofirenza
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbr341 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi
There was a man at Billing one year and he was at Market harb last year selling viva panels he makes he had front floor panels and outer sill at cheep price i think this may be his number 01234 840958 and 07895551086 goodluck
you can make your own inner sills they are easy to form with a hammer and vice.

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby volvofirenza » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 am

just rang him doesnt do the front floor pans but does do the outer sills so going to buy on off him
thank you for your help
volvofirenza
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby ADRIAN » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:47 pm

The floor pans are available from a company called RARE SPARES in Australia. Search on their site under Holden Torana HB / TJ . They are pretty good, with all of the pressings, grooves, drain holes etc. in the correct & as original places. Yes, pricey to buy & import, but if you want them right and dont want just a flat sheet, - you get what you pay for.
Adrian
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Parts for sale from private individuals (not club parts)