Avon Safety Wheel centre caps

Adverts in this section of the forum are offered to all guests of the club and paid up members of the club. The parts offered are not the property of the Viva Owners Club club (this may include committee members selling their own private property).

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first Announcement post.

Avon Safety Wheel centre caps

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:43 pm

I have a mould for the above as used on the HP Firenza and Sportshatch, and I can supply a set of these cast in black polyurethane resin. The front detail is pretty good, but the back is a little less flat than I'd like, so you'll need to use something "thick" like Sikkaflex or some other silicon adhesive with a bit of volume to it, to stick them in place.

I've never had a set of proper Avon centres, and given how difficult they are to find, I don't think I'd dare put them in the wheels while the car is on the road if I did have. The only problem I've had is finding a decent chrome-effect paint, so I've just gone with Tamiya "X11 Chrome Silver" for mine. With a steady hand it's quite easy to paint the rim and the logo silver, and then cover it all with a couple of coats of gloss lacquer. I'm using a Humbrol tin for that.

This is the set of four as they come out of the mould. You might want to clean the edges up before painting.

A set of four is £10 plus P&P, which is generally £1.50 for mainland UK. If you want a set, please PM me on here, or send an email to mike@firenza.net and I'll get back to you ASAP. I've mentioned these on Facebook before, but it just dawned on me that I hadn't mentioned them here.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Return to Parts for sale from private individuals (not club parts)