Viva wheels.....

Adverts in this section of the forum are offered to all guests of the club and paid up members of the club. The parts offered are not the property of the Viva Owners Club club (this may include committee members selling their own private property).

Please follow the posting guidelines in the first Announcement post.

Viva wheels.....

Postby 1972nail » Sat May 18, 2019 4:35 pm

This is not my post. I thought it would be better to place it here. Contact details are at the bottom of the post, please don't PM me!

Some time ago I bought a dIsc brake kit for a Hillman Imp. In period the factory used Viva Discs to fit onto an IMP. I'm try to build a Rally Replica and so needed the Disc kit to meet the Homologation Rules. However, it came with a set of 13" Steel wheels. I assumed these to go with the Disc Kit and fit on an imp. But it turned out that the centre hole is too small for the Imp Hub especially on the rear wheel. The problem is solved by using Minlite or similar alloy wheels. But this means I have a set of what I believe are Viva wheels with tyres. Details as follows:

- 5 wheels 4 with tyres

- Wheels are stamped 4.5 x 12 - 32 Also D>3A And 1 is stamped 1149 the others are 1155

- Tyres are 165-70-13 and dated stamped 1804. The tyres have done virtually zero road miles and only a small
amount driving round a muddy field (They were bought for use on Car Trials, but rarely used)
The Tyres are Dunlop SP30 and date stamped 1804. Which means 18th Week of 2004. So they are 15 years old.
I would advise against using these on the road, but they hold air and so would be OK for a static display car.

I live near York. I suggest a nominal price of £5 per wheel. If you are not interested in the tyres, I can have these removed which will save a lot on postage. A quick quote on parcel comparison site suggests that postage for 5 wheels is about £40.
Postage for 5 wheels & tyres would necessitate 2 parcels and cost about £100
I have relatives in the North Birmingham area and could drop them there. It that helps with collection.
Any queries contact Colin Valentine Tel 01904 738708
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Re: Viva wheels.....

Postby Bob perry » Sat May 18, 2019 8:15 pm

Wheels are 12 inch, tyres are 13 inch?? Something not right there!!
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Parts for sale from private individuals (not club parts)