big hello and help please

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Re: big hello and help please

Postby eurorob » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:11 pm

We have searched for it but with no success, still awaiting a reply from Mike Newman, fingers crossed he can shed some light on it
eurorob
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Kerry B » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Vauxhall Motorist magazine June/July and August/September 1975 has a Viva GT in the For Sale section, this is the small picture, really hard to tell if it is your one but its worth putting up. The Luton number comes up on an Internet search from early 90's as
Vauxhall Motors LTD
Kimpton Road
Luton.

Good luck.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (54.02 KiB) Viewed 3906 times
Kerry B
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby eurorob » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Great find, not our car I don't think, arch's aren't the same and even tho it's black and white pic I don't think it's the same paint scheme as ours, still cool to see, wish that were today's prices, £1500 bargain
eurorob
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby eurorob » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:43 am

Anyone wishing to see build pics can find them on Instagram using the hashtag #vivagt or #jessopmotorbodies
When I have enough time I will get some better pics uploaded rather that just the ones on my phone
eurorob
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby eurorob » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:43 pm

We have now had confirmation that our car is in fact the ex Mike Newman 1969-1970 super saloon, we have now had contact with him and are awaiting info on the car, he has sent us some period pics of the car already so I'll post them up ASAP for you guys to see
eurorob
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby eurorob » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:42 am

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've been on and updated the story, the car hasn't changed too much, the rear inner/outer arches have been repaired as has the boot floor, the complete rear end has come back from powder coat, we welded some streingthning strips into the rear arms before they were done to try beef the back end up but aside from that it's just all clean and fresh ready to rebuild.
As mentioned before we had confirmed that the vehicle was in fact Mike Newmans and the man himself came over to take a look and verified it was in fact his, ( he even still has his twin cam droop snoot in the same livery which has just been finished being restored so we're excited to see that)
Mike brought us all the original letters to and from blydenstein discussing the engine build, along with receipts for the build and other work/ parts on the car so we now have a full history for the car, as soon as I get a new laptop I will get some pics of everything up for you guys as I'm just currently using my phone and have no idea how to upload pics onto the forum,
Kind regards
The jessop gang
eurorob
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Previous

Return to Say Hello