HA owner newly registered

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Re: HA owner newly registered

Postby Bluenose Rab » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:02 pm

& some of the inside (you might need to zoom to see the mileage)

Phew! Hope these're ok
Bluenose Rab
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Could I use the photos for the club register?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Bluenose Rab » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:08 pm

HBPeter wrote:Looks a very smart little car.

Peter

Thanks Peter, aye, it's a wee beauty. Biggest problem I've had is using it enough, something I'm determined to put right from now on. (Done at least a mile today!) In case you can't read the mileage, it's 34924.6. I'll try to get a better photo of the miles to post.

Robert
Bluenose Rab
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Bluenose Rab » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:20 pm

HBPeter wrote:Could I use the photos for the club register?

Peter

Feel free Peter, though I'm far from the best photographer. Maybe I can do a better job, or get a better job done. Not yet having (re)joined the club yet (though I will do soon), what's the register? Is it document available to the public or just for your records?

Robert
Bluenose Rab
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Its part of the Forum that only paid up members can see. It lists all known Vivas dead or alive, currently has over 3500 vehicles. The photos are more than good enough.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Bluenose Rab » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:46 am

Hullo guys & gals, hope all's well.
After owning my lovely wee Viva HA Deluxe (see pics on this thread) for over 17 years, it's sadly time to let her go. Purely due to circumstances, a reluctant parting of the ways, & I just thought I'd give Viva Club members first shout. I've got tons of history, some spare bits & prices, and the car has now covered 35785 miles. M.O.T.'d till September, just (free) taxed for 12 months, running beautifully and a real pleasure to drive. As stated on my posts earlier in this thread, my biggest problem was always using her enough, but over the last coupla years, this has been resolved. She's now out every weekend, sometimes a wee run out in the week, & while we don't usually go far, she'll go wherever I want without missing a beat. We've done a few longer runs on occasion with no problems. She happily sits at 50 mph, I'm sure she'd go faster, but I never like to ask too much of her.
Condition wise, she's not perfect, but pretty darn good. Worst bit is the front off side wing, which was bashed before she went into her 27 years hibernation. At that time, my dad painted it with red oxide, & although fully restored, there is some bubbling on this wing. Fixable, but I don't have the time to get it done. Otherwise in Good order throughout, some new parts recently as required since the restoration.
There's one on EBay at the minute, which may be in slightly better nick than mine, although over 50,000 miles. Mibbe the fact it was in a film is the reason it's up for so much money.
Mine is genuine, a family heirloom, and I want her to go to a good home. I don't want a fortune, & I'll never get back what I've spent over the last 17 years, but she won't be undersold either. I do have a (reasonable) figure in mind, so any enquiries from genuine Viva folk are welcome. We can talk money after that.
Hope to hear soon, my personal email is rdhenderson@hotmail.co.uk if that helps.

Cheers the noo folks,

Rab
Bluenose Rab
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Previous

Return to Say Hello