hey from british columbia canada

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Re: hey from british columbia canada

Postby timbuk » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:34 am

[url][URL=http://s249.photobucket.com/user/timbuket/media/Mobile%20Uploads/viva%20shop_zps2yvceqb2.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]62 thou mile survivor!
car guy from canada
timbuk
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby lord13 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:27 am

Looking good for being in storage for 5 years, I like the colour of your engine, will make it stand out quite a bit :)
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby GAV » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:29 am

timbuk wrote:o k so according to book engine is red/orange! hope thats right i painted mine chevy orange[url][URL=http://s249.photobucket.com/user/timbuket/media/Mobile%20Uploads/viva%20orange_zpsbkznncdv.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
Welcome dare I say officially the Luton built Vivas had black engines unless the 90 high compression versions were fitted, they were red. If yours is a Deluxe 90 then its ultra rare as the 90 version followed on from the Viva Sl which was about September 1965(well I saw one around that time when journeying back from Scotland in the family HA Deluxe, so the 90 was less than a year before the 1159 HB was anounced in September 1966.
love the Pontiac ImageI had this TBird about 10 years and am into bikes, this one I had back in the 90s was a V400F Honda (V4)the replacement FE Big Block was a bored and stroked 352,(5.8 litre) 50 thou over, with the ancillories from the original 390V8 (6.4 litre) which imploded when going a little quickly on a Friday 13th, ignoring plumes of blue haze outback.
The engine was still out in the workshop the building on the left, hence the front sitting up on blocks when the photo was taken.Image
Also had this V8 Daimler Jag during that periodImage

My Viva HB totally original apart from a rebuilt engine, gets loads of attention as much, generally positive not always the case with s American cars, which arent universally liked and the Gas guzzler Yank Tanks have US brakes and dont go around corners syndrom sticks with those who have probably never been in one, (have to admit after a couple or three applications on the power drum anchors and a turn was reminicent off getting my steering ticket on a 56000 ton Ship when all at sea.
to be fair I do find with my Viva " thinking ahead" with the also drums is a good idea, albeit it has never faded except when the brakes failed within a week of buying it(ironically my application to join herein was misslaid, I finished up getting one, that was correct and cheaper than anything Master cylinder wise in the Uk, from America, however I never considered import duty or that the Royal Mail wanted an additional fee for holding till I coughed up and they released it.
Still one feels like its being driven and you feel in touch with whats going on.
not a hermitically sealed means of getting from the proverbial A 2 B.
changing down more on country roads(no hardship with the snappy change, and the roadholding steering and handling are pretty darn good. it is no cream puff showboat or trailer queen as it is used all year around . Well supplemented by a Ford Mondeo ( great heater , it drives almst itself. 18 years old which I have owned 9 years after a first owned for 8 years, both virtually trouble free.I have now a Renault Kangoo van for transporting bikes, I did have a Reliant Scimitar SS1 which was great fun when running right but unfortunately the XR3 engine with 28/36 Webber(same as on Blydenstein conversions) caught fire and the dang thing was reduced to a mangled wreck before the FireBrigade arrived.,
ps love all the TR variants up to the 6 anyways, the nearest I got was a Triumph Vitesse 2litre convertible, marketed in 1600 form as the Sports 6, in America, mine was a 2 litre.
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby timbuk » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:19 am

[url][URL=http://s249.photobucket.com/user/timbuket/media/Mobile%20Uploads/viva%20wheels_zpsz869py5e.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
car guy from canada
timbuk
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby timbuk » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:21 am

13s are on but the 1558013s on the front are too big :shock:
car guy from canada
timbuk
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby timbuk » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:59 am

[url][URL=http://s249.photobucket.com/user/timbuket/media/Mobile%20Uploads/viva2_zpseprm0lyu.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
car guy from canada
timbuk
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby timbuk » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:01 pm

[url][/url][url][/url]
car guy from canada
timbuk
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby viva les vegas » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Looking nice :) I think you can get away with the Chevy Orange block, seeing as they're both GM ;)
Remember, some days you're the statue, and others, you're the pigeon ;)
Life is a journey, not a destination.

used to be HB259
viva les vegas
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to Say Hello