Barn find viva hc

If you're new say a bit about yourself. :welcome2:

Re: Barn find viva hc

Postby dann01 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:11 pm

Hello and welcome Happydaze

Well done for the barn find. While the club likes see the Viva heritage continued by trying to encourage people to restore and renovate back to standard, we are pragmatic enough to know that this is sometimes not desirable, or practical.

The very fact that your Viva is a barn find probably means so much has got to be sourced and replaced, that to bring it back as something more modern under the skin is probably being as kind as you can be. We'd rather see this done, than see one go to the scrapper.

Good luck with this. Get some pics up when you can.
Plenty of people here to answewr anything might wanna know.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby bobblehead006 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:48 am

:D Hello there, i'm part way through sorting my 73 hc 2 door and have a 2ltr 8v and type 9 box for it. The car itself has only done 17000 from new so is in good order. I want this as my daily driver so have gone down this running gear route. The car is an ohv so the rear axle is going to be replaced. I noticed on here that another member has mentioned a volvo rear axle! If somebody could shed light as to which axle and what model it is i'd be very thankfull. I surved my time on vauxhalls and have spent the past 20 years driving trucks around europe, so am in my eliment now i have something of interest. cheers all new member Gordon.
bobblehead006
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Hello and welcome. Might be better if you started a fresh thread, this ones a bit old. Think it was a lad with a HA that has fitted a Volvo axle, from Finland.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Previous

Return to Say Hello